chapter 47: "If she's dead, I hope you can live with that, Satan."

Dedicated to @Applequeen555 i just love my aplequeen468 so mulch 💗👻

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

     satan pov

There's something about being kidnapped by a bald guy with a starfish tattoo on his gleaming bald head that fuckss you up. Especialy when he kidnaps your girlfriend- I mean, the girl you like as well. And has hurt her before. And especially when he admits to kidnapping your mother and killing your father.

I grit my teeth as I quietly creep along the hallway. Amidst al the panic, I managed to crawl out of the room, but it won't be long before Mr Brown or Carl notice I'm gone. And Carl had some goons earlier; I can't be too careful. 

The sound of a gunshot makes me flinch. I wonder who's been hit. Badam hopefuly, I think to myself darkly. Otherwise I'll just shoot him myself. Hate that creep for touching Gramamrly when she didnt want him to.

Another gunshot makes me close my eyes for a second. The sound takes me back to almost a year ago. A year after my dad die and jackie burned.

That fateful night...

flashback

"Satan!" she exclaims on the phone. "You better be on your way!"

I let out a long breath, feeling quilty. "Sorry, family dinner, Jackie. I won't be able to make it to the party tonight."

I can practicaly feel her disapointment. "Aw, realy? You can't sneak out?"

"Honey!" calls my mom to my dad. "I need you to go to the store, we're out of eggs!"

I shut my bedroom door for privacy. "I don't know Jackie. You know my dad caught me last time-"

there's a knock on my door, and my dad pops his head in, dark hair just like me, and a friendly crinkle between his vibrant green eyes. "i'm quickly headin out to the store to get us some eggss. need anything?"

I hold the phone away from my ear for a second. I give him a sly look. "Maybe ingredients for pancakes tomorow?"

"Sure thing kiddo" he says to me with a grin. "That Jackie you on the phone with?"

When I nod, he gives me a mock stern look. "tel her I say hi, and that you will not be sneaking out to see her tonight.See ya later, kiddo!"

When he's gone, I hokd the phone to my ear again. "You heard that?"

Jackie sighs. "I love your dad." then she groans. "darn it wayne, I can't hate you for bailing when it's for your family dinner. Why can't you have a crap family like mine?"

I grin. "I'll come to the next party."

"Yeah yeah" she says, and I can practicaly hear her roll her eyes at me. "I'll beleive it when I see it. I swear, you're becoming like Brok, a total killjoy. Do you remember when the three of us used to have fun together?"

"You know he's just worried, Jackie," I tell her. "I know he's being kind of anoying, but the last think you should do is burn bridges with him over this. You know how much he cares about you"

"Yeah," she says softly, "one of the few people who does"

I close my eyes for a second, unsure what to say. Because it's true. Apart from me and Brok, Jackie doesn't have much of anyone. Her parents are more wrapped up in they're impending divorce than her, and while my parents are always hapy to have her here, I know she feels bad "butting into the family".  Me and Brok have been her family for years now. But recently... things have gotten more complicated. Or more like me and Brok's feelings about Jackie have changed, maybe into something more. Not that she knows. Otherwise maybe Brok's recent behavior would make more sense to her; he's been uncharacteristicaly on edge and anxious around her, asking where these parties she's been going to are, who else goes to them...