chapoter 40 "i guess i got kindapped or whatevr"

"so" i say slowly "mom and lily killed a man"

Satan looks paler than usual, white like a cloud, and noah keeps dartin his eyes from me to satan to my dad. Madoc... madoc has falen asleep? his head is on noah's shoulder and he snores very quietly. strange boy.....

"yes," says my dad with a heavy tone like weights at the gym "and that was not the end of their strugles. they put his body in dirt hole, but somone found out and start blackmail them. made them do bad things"

Satan asks, eyes hard like rocks "wha kind of things?"

My dad look right at him "break into places, lie to peopel, rob them, that kind of thing"

i shake my head slightly. i had no idea about my moms past. i alwasy thot my dad was the criminal, the ilegal one... but my mom did ilegal stuff too? what??? and she was in love with some dirty girl- i mean lily? lily was the weird dirty girl? satans mom is weird dirt girl but what? shes not weird or dirty now, shes just good at making sanwiches yum yum

"it gets worse" say my dad "the one blackmailing them.. he never reveal himself. but lily and alice desided to run away. but then lily fell in love, with your dad, satan"

satans face is still neutral, but i catch a flash of sadnes in his eyes, deep as mariah trench. i bite my lip. poor boy, he has no father.

"Lily did not want to leave" contiunue my father "she wanted to be with your dad. so she staye and made deal with big boss man to stay. they had to giv him cut of money from their busines. thats all iknow, because Alice ran away and never contact lily again so she could not be trakced. and eventualy.." he pauses for a moment "and eventual, she met me, and i could give her the security she needed"

Some things click into place for me like a seatbelt. "oh" i say hollow like tree "so you didnt love each other? it was just for her protection?"

My dad gives me a small smile "i always wanted a child, and alice did too. so we had you. maybe we didnt love each other like alice once loved lily, and like she loves rick now, but we stil love each other. and we love you, Marly."

I sit back my head clouded like lemoande whaaaat

My dad's smile vanishes "Satan, how did your dad die?"

i feel satans body tense next to mine. "hit and run" he says flatly like a flat tire

My dad frowns. "did you ever find out who it was ?"

Satan shakes his head and my dads frown deepens like a sinkhole in the street of new york city

"so do you think" i ask hesitant "that this bad big boss man killed satans dad? and is the same man that wanted me kidnap and beat up.. and got berk shot?"

My dad lets out a long sigh "a very real posibility, Marly"

I bite my lip. this doesnt make sense.. because if my mom got out of here, why the hel she would come back here? to this area? and it does not seem like she been in contact with lily, who she once was very close with . ahhh whats going onnnnnnn

"but why did mom come back here?" i ask, confused "why would she come back if she had alredy escapeed? why-" its like theres an appel in my throat sudenly "why would she bring me here?"

"that i cant tell you" sighs my dad "all she told me was that it was safe now. but i still came here to keep an eye on you. but clearly it is not safe here if you got kidnapped-"

his phone rings, sending out a loud bleat like a big sheep. my dad puts his phone to his ear, frowning.

"rick?" he says. then he listens. "no i am with gramarly now. she does not know where alice is. where was she?" he gives me a significant look "turns out she was just crashing at her frend noah's house. yea" he frowns "youve called the police? any leads?" he is silent as he listens to rick. "no yeah, ill bring her home now."

he hangs up and looks at me. "I'm taking you home"

i nod. "ok" i get up. "thanks noah for everything" i glance over at satan. "and you too, for umm"

satan raises his eyebrows and i flush bright like the sun. "for.. the shirt" i say. "bye guys"

I feel satans eyes linger on me like fragrance as i leave

*************

Back at my house, me and brok and berk sit i while rick and my dad mutter to each other in low voices at the end of the room.

"soo like" i say "whats up guys"

Brok gives me a hard look "Grammarly."

i blink "what?"

He sighs "you disapeared from the party,lied to me about where you were, then didnt pick up your phone. and now you're here with damp stragly hair and" he squints "two shirts? they definetely dont belong to you. plus a band aid on your face. what is going on?"

i let out a big breath of hot air like im a dragon or somegthing "i guess i got kindapped or whatevr"

Brok and berk stare at me. then brok excalims "what the hELL gramarly????" breaking the silence like a potato through a window

I sigh "yeah i got kindape by kai and ja-"

again,t he feeling of fear and jelosy pierces my body like a big syringe. i can't say it. i can't say that Jackie is alive and that I've seen her. and with berk, who jackie thretend to kill right in front of me i cant risk it.

"uh" i say "yeah and some guy called carl" i shuder "bad man. he cut me like i was paper'

brok clenches his fists and berk looks worried "whATTTT???????"

"yeh but im fine now" i laugh akwardly "apart from the fact my mom is mising now and satans dad might have been kiled by the same man that kindap me but no big deal huh huhhuuhhu"

arms wrap around me, and i tense up. but to my suprise its berk hugging me. i blink then smile, huggin him back. as i breathe in i catch the faint scent of jasmine's perfume in his hair, and a half smile forms on my beuaitful liuscious lips.

"we'll find her" whispers Berk to me.

over berk's shoulder, brok nods at me.

"we promise, gramarly"

********

weLL UM wOWOWOWOOOWOWOWOW lily and alice cool cooolllll cool cooolcool

poor satan :(((((((((((((

and grammarly this girl has so much going on

yeah so she will be back in school next day!! and we'll see jasmine and asda and jorge and mR BROWN (hot hot) again and gramarly will have her cleaning punishment with heATHER

i wonder where alice is???

hopfuly we get some answers soon <333

rememever to comment and vote ily guYS