chapter 44: "i put the boy down under"

I take several steps back "no" i gasp "yo cant make me do that carl"

Carl shrugs "well it's simple grammarly" he says, flicking his gun around like its snot "either you pick one for me to shoot, or i shoot all of them"

I stare at him, not understanding how someone so vile could exist. "you'd just kill five teenagers, just like that?"

"if killing teenagers bothered me" says Carl coolly like an evil fridge "do yo think i would have shot your little pale friend?"

I knew Carl was unhinged, but this is just a hole other level... he'd really kill all my friends so easily? i steal a glance at them, and my heart hurts. Jorge looks scared, bender looks angry, and Asda looks reads to bite someone's nose off. Jasmine on the other hand has tears dripping down her face, but i see that berk has his hand wrapped around hers. Comforting her as best as he can, with determination in his face.

"but before you have to make your decison" says Carl with a wicked smile "we'll have to wait for everyone else to arive"

The door creaks open and someone vaguely familiar walks in dragging a bruised up, barly conscios Satan along with him. I let out a gasp at how terible he looks, and have to resist the urge to run straight to him, to check that he is ok.

As the man drags floppy Satan along the flor, he whistles sweet caroline to himself.

That's when it hits me who this strange man is, why he is so familiar. Sebastian Pesto?? the school janitor? but why on earth is the school janitor here? why would he be mixed up in this weird murder kidnapping thing? is everyone in this whole town absolutely crazy?

"g'day mate" yawns Sebastian Pesto as he dumps satan on the ground. then he gives me a nod "hey there, gramarly, is it?"

All I can do is gape at him. how can he be so calm when he just dragged a beat up boy into a room of teenagers tied to chairs, and theres crazy bald man swinging around a gun??

"thank you pesto" Carl nods at him "your service is apreciated by the boss"

"yeah wel" says sebastian pesto, puttin on a pair of sunglasses. "i put the boy down under for you, but he'll wake up with a good old kick like a kangaroo"

Apparently Sebastian Pesto feels the need to reasure us that this is true, because he gives Satan a firm, swift kick to the stomach. Satan lets out a groan of pain, and i clench my fists hard. For a quick second, i sudenly wish i was the one with the gun, so i could shoot sebastian pesto until he dead

usually when i get these rage flashes, i remember what my sister dropbox, and my dad taught me. dropbox's breathing techniques, my dad telling me to count to ten. But right now i do not have the patience to calm down. and why should i calm down? maybe my rage, my energy, will be the only hope i have of geting out of this fuckin messed up scenario...

"im out mates" sebastian pesto salutes us all "have fun mates"

I watch him go with fire burning in my orbs. hatred corses through my veins, and al i want to do is scream, to attack him and carl for daring to hurt satan. for threatening to hurt my other friends. for doing who know what to my mom and lily. and for killing kai.

But instead i stay silent, anger roaring in my ears like lions. and as soon as sebastian pesto has walked out, i push all my confusion, all my anger to one side. I rush over to satan, who's laid out crumpled like scrunched up paper on the floor. there's a lot of blotchiness and bits of dried blood on his face, and i blink back tears.

"satan?" i whisper desperatly "please wake up"

He lets out a groan and cracks his eyes open slightly. "grammarly?" he croaks like a frog

i nod quickly "you're ok" i murmur softly, stroking his hair lightly "it wil all be ok. i swear, ok?"

In reply he says something uninteligible, and i try to slow down my breathing, try to calm down, so i can think clearly about how on eartH i can get us out of this situation.

Theres a suden sound of gunshot and i almost jump out of my skin. panicked, i look up to look if carl has shot one of my friends. but no, it was just to scare me.

"why?" i ask, voice shaking like a milkshake "why do all this? gather all my friends like eggs in a basket, and make me do thisa? why not just kill me and have it be done with?

"oh grammarly" tuts Carl giving me a look of fake sympathy "do you really think Boss man wants you dead? of course not," he chuckles to himself "he doesnt want to kill you grammarly. he wants to torture you"

I swallow down a horible sick feeling in my throat. I hold onto satans hand tightly and try not to tremble so much, but its hard. because how can i not just completely freak out when carl just told me that this "boss man" wants to torture me? and that he wants to make me responsibel for one of my friends death?

inside i wish very hard for my dad to be here with the rest of the wolves. for brok to be here. for the rest of satans angels to be here. please, i say in my head desperatly. get me out of this pure and utter hellscape.

"but why?" i ask out loud "why does he want to torture me? why bother with any of this?"

"that" says a new voice, acompanied by footstepps"is a very good question, grammarly"

I don't see who it is, but the voice is enough for me to know. i freeze, unable to look up, unable to do anything but sit there in shock and horror.

"you see grammarly" continues the voice, getting closer "it all starts with Alice and Lily.

i remember my dad's story about alice and lily. how they attacked lily's uncle in self defence, and he died. is this what it is all about? something that happened more than 17 years ago, before me and satan were even born?

"you see" says the voice "Alice and Lily killed someone in cold blood, someone that should have never died in such a cruel, terible way"

Satan stares at me with wide eyes, and i hold his hands even tighter. i know, satan, i try to comunicate with my eyes. i know how messed up this is and how royaly fucked we are. He tries to sit up, but lets out another moan of pain as he does so, falling back down with a thunk.

"it's quite sweet you know" says the voice, which is now just behind me "the tragic love story of Alice Vaughn and Lily Castle, undone by a terrible deed. Only for their children, 20 years later, to meet and fall in love themselves."

I can hardly breathe. my head is overrun by thoughts traveling at milion miles per hour, and i cant keep up with any of them. i dont know how to think, what to think. how to react. this whole day has been so insane that i feel like i must be dreaming. any second, i should wake up, safe in my bedroom.

But this is no dream. No, this is all real. and that is what makes it so terifying.

"such a shame" remarks the voice "that your love story will also have to come to a tragic end"

I start shaking hard now. all i can do is grip and hope that i will wake up, that something will hapen. i can't look at anyone but Satan. I'm too afraid to process this whole situation, to come to terms with just how bad things are.

"now now" tuts the voice "don't be a coward Grammarly. at least do me the decency of looking at me while i speak to you"

Slowly and fearfuly, I turn my head until I am looking right at him. He gives me a wide, insincere smile, sending a shiver of fear down my spine.

"That's better" says Mr Brown, holding out his hand "Now, why don't you get up so we can have some dinner?"

***********

....................

oh m r b r o w n

you were so hot too!! WHYYY

find out what happens next soon!!

thanks for reading, please vote if you're enjoying yourself!!

lots of lOVE rosalina~