chapter 48: "I'm going to break them. like eggs."

Grammarly

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Mr Brown reaches for the bell next to him, and rings it. We all sit there silently as we wait for whatever's coming. Bender and Asda are still on the floor. Badam isn't moving; his blood is dripping onto the white tablecloth, not that Mr Brown seems to care.

I avoid everyone's gaze. I'm trying to stay as calm as possible, which I can't do with everyone's terrified orbs on mine. I try to think rationally: my dad is an actual maniac. He's the gangleader of the feared Silver Wolves, for crying out loud. If anyone could find me, find us, it would be him.

He'll find me, I tell myself silently. He will.

Carl paces the room, swinging his gun around eraticaly. For the first time, I find myself wondering just who the hell this guy is and what he has to do with anything. I get my answer much sooner than I anticipated.

"You better kill those bitches for what they did to Dad," he hisses at Mr Brown.

My orbs widen. Are Carl... and Mr Brown... brothers? BOY do they not look it. Mr Brown usually looks all suave, calm and collected. Sure, he's looking a little wilder than usual right now, but it's nothing compared to the big muscular bald starfish-tattooed man walking around with a gun in his hand. And he has way better teeth.

Mr Brown gives him a cool look. "All in due time, Carl."

"All in due time, Carl," repeats Carl in a mocking tone. His elbow twitches. "There's such a thing as being too patient, Eric."

Just then I hear the door open. We all look over to see one of Mr brown's random men walk in. My breath catches as I see who's behind him. She looks tired, hair limp and clothes creased...

Mom.

Following her is Lily, looking just as exhausted, skin pale. They both freeze as they take in the room: the teenagers tied to chairs, the blood, Carl with a gun. My mom stares at me, something between horror and relief on her face. I give her a smile, beyond happy that she's alive. 

Lily's orbs dart over the room, and I realize that she's looking for Satan. But he's not here. When she looks at me, anxious, I give her a tiny nod, then a quick glance over at the door. However Lily interprets my "message" seems to give her some kind of hope, because she straightens her posture and looks at Mr Brown head on. 

"What is this, Eric?" she asks, voice impressively clear and unwavering. "Terrorising and murdering children now, are you?"

"Alice and Lily," says Mr Brown slowly, standing up. His lips are twisted into an angry smile. "You know what they say, an orb for an orb."

They both regard him warily. 

"You took someone away from me," continues Mr Brown. "The person I cared about the most. So now I'll do that to you."

My mom takes a step forward. "Don't you dare hurt a single hair on Grammarly's head," she hisses. "Or any of these kids, Eric. You'll live to regret it."

"I won't be killing your children," says Mr Brown with a dismisive flick of his hand. He smiles, and a glint of madness appears in his clear blue orbs. "No, instead I'm going to break them. like eggs!"

Before I can decipher what that's supposed to mean, Carl lets out an angry screech like a bald pterodactyl. "The boy, Satan!! He's gone!"

Mr Brown's orbs flash with anger, and he looks down at me. "Where's your little boyfriend, Grammarly?"