chapter 16:"you praticaly look geriatric"

The next morning Brok leaves early and Berk drives me to school. I'm glad not to have to see him yet. i don't want to faced him after my disastros date. And i feel gulty about not teling him about my training with Berk. my stomach churns slightly like butter.

i walk to chemistry with dread pulsing in my stomatch like a pulsating squid. What will i say to satan? what will he say to me will he make eye contact with me even? will we acknoledge what happend? has he changed his mind

Satan isn't in the clasroom, but i know he's usually late. i sit at my desk, restles and biting my nails which is my worst habit.

But Satan doesn't turn up at his usual halfway mark.

"seems your partner's dissappeared on you" says Mr Brown when i go get some papers from the front of the class

"is that sympathy i hear sir" i ask with a smile

Mr brown gives me a stern look "of course not, grammarly. i am a monster after all"

i nod "of corse sir" i turn to go

"wait a second grammarly"

"yessssir?"

"I noticed you were having some some dificulty with the last assinement"

I flush slightly "um yeah. you're ahead here of what i was doing at my old school"

he nods. "well im not woried about you Grammarly, i'm sure you'll do fine on your own, he says "but, i know that your stepbrother Brok did very well in this class last year. geting him to tutor you might just giv you that extra boost

i blink "oh, um, yeah thanks sir"

hmm, i think to myself back at my desk. Brok as my tutor? i guess it could work. as soon as i talk to him, that is.

i spend the rest of class working on my project with Satan, but he never shows up. A part of me is releeved at not having to face his hot face, but i also feel dissappointment. Chemistry isnt the same without his anoying teasing and caling me "kitten".

where are you satan?

**********

no one mentions Satan at lunch, which i'm greatful for. Jorge tells us about this guy he has a crush on - oreo or onion or something - and jasmine talks about the party shes organising.

"you should come" she tells me "badam is strictly not invited i swer"

i take a bit of my sanwich "i dont know

"ok she says "no pressure

"helloO my bangging bitches" announces asda loudly, siting down at the table with a thump.

We all look at her. Jorge gives her tired look "what did you have for brekfast today, ecstasy?"

Asda rolls her eyes "can't i just be happy, jorge?"

He narrows his eyes "your being weird. something hapened"

Asda ignores him and takes out a tub of food

"that's from betty's diner" says jasmine, staring at asda's food "you only ever order that the night after you-"

"shut it jas" says asda cheerfuly

we keep eating.

"hey grammarly" wispers asda so only i hear

"ye?"

she smirks "forget what i said about bad boys"

i raise my eyebrow "oh?

"mhm" she says nodding dramatical "defnitely worth the trouble"

i regard her suspicously "did you get bac together with bender or sometjhing?

"what? no" asda scrunchees her nose up in disgust "and we were never together in the first place"

i shrug "ok i just asumed from the way he looked at you at the party that you had some kind of romatichistory

"well you were wrong" says asda. then she furow her brow "but what do you mean by 'the way he was looking at me'"

i hide a smile "i dont know asda. he looked kind of tortured

Asda looks a litle pleased at this "tortured?"

i nod solemnly "oh yeah. totally watching you with sufering in his eyes"

"hm" says asda. she doesnt say anything else, just eats, but i can tell she's thinking about bender.

a few minutes later, i feel a tap on my sholder. i turn to see brok standing behind me. "can we talk?" he asks.

"ye" i say, nervously but i follow him anyway

Brok takes me to the hallway. I lean against the wall "you ok

He nods "berk talked to me"

"oh" i say. i wonder what he said.

Brok clears his throat. "im sorry," he say "i didnt mean to keep you in the dark. and your right, i was trying to protect you, but you have a right to know from what.

i wait for him to continue. his adams apple bobs like boba up a straw. its kind of sexy. also now i want bobaa

"What hapened between me and satan..." he trails off "im not redy to talk about it. but i will tell you about it when i am. But i have a reason for hating him, one i hope you'll respect"

I look at him, making sure to lok right into his chocolat brown orbs. "thank you brok"

He nods once, twice. "see you later grammarly"

"bye brok" i say quietly and watch him go, making long strides down the coridor. oh boy he has some long legs like a hot sexy spider

**********

As i make my way out of the school after school, i see Kai lean he lights up when he sees me

"howdy" i say suprised to see him "i didnt know you went here"

he looks amused "what, my hair ages me up that much?"

"oh totally" i say "you praticaly look geriatric"

he laughs then asks "what are you doing now?"

i shrug "i was going to catch a ride home thats all"

Kai looks at me wickedly "ever been street racing?'

i tilt my head to one side "no. why?"

he taps his nose nowingly "follow me darling"

i follow kai out to his car.

"this will be safe right?" i ask sudenly concerned

Kai laughs "as safe as trying to date a gangleader, grammarly"

i have to smile at this. "fair enough" i say, then "fuck it ill come. whats the worst thing that could happen"

kai raises his eyebrows "well you could die"

"right " i say feeling stupid "well itll be fine"

"whatevr you say grammarly" says kai with a laughin tone

It hits me then that Kai might actualy be insane. Then i shrug. Oh well. arent we all a bit insane?

I get in the pasenger seat.

*********

howDy 😈

soo street racing yeH. i wonder who grammarly will see while she's there 👀

VOTE COMMENT I LOVE YOU ALL BYE