chapter 20: "easy, grammarly!"

One thing i do not feel like doing - after a fight with my mom, a phone call with my dad, and brok faling aslep in my bed - is to have chemistry with mr brown and sit next to satan

but satan is mising again. i realize i havent sen him since our date , which was several day ago. i furow brow. is he ok?

Mr brown is in worse mood than usual. everytime someone gets question wrong he lets out a long stemy breth. annoyingly he stil looks hot when he does this

its hard for me to conentrate with so many thots going throgh my head. street racing with bender, finally confronting my mom, my dad calling in the middle of the night, brok's face when sleping. how me and stans date was cut shortby the attack by mildly spicy peppers. where satan is now. satan's angels. brok and berk training me. my dad's warning. i dont kno how to proces it al, im like broken food proceser trying to proces beetrot

"grammarly" mr brown's voice crisply cuts across my thoughts. i blink at him "yes sir"

he sighs and motions to the board "your anser?"

"uh"i look around for clues as to wha he asked me. when i dont continue, mr brown sighs loudly. "i sure hope" he say "that youve talked to brok about being your tutor by now"

i feel people look at me and my cheeks hot with embarasment "i forgot, sorry"

"hm" he says "well i'd get on that soon gramarly. i wil not tolerate lazines and distraction s in my class. you are here to learn not to fal behind"

i nod "yes sir" face burning i duck my head down. out the corner of my eye i catch a swish of blonde hair and a gigle

my gaze turns dark ugh heather. she has been sending glances and smirk my way all leson. al her smirking reminds me painful of the boy i usally see smirking. but heather looks more dumb when she does it. when satan smirked it made me want to slap him but also sometimes kiss him. when heather smirks i just want to slap her. hard.

she keeps doing it until end of class. When the bell rings and we file out door i pull her to one side.

"ok" i ask, tone hard "spit it out heather"

she bats eyelash like striker "i dont know what your talking about

i narow eyes. "clearly theres something youve been wanting to tel me" i motion for her to spek "go on"

she smiles "oh i dont know, i was just going to ask you how you your date went with satan. heard it ended with a... well, a few punches."

my eyes harden like clay "and what would you now about that"

her mouth curls at corner "such a shame the midlly spicy peppers found out bout that train date, right gramamrly?.boy, what bad luck. "somewhere in her gaze is a chalenge, and a certan smugness.

relaisating hits me "it was you" i say slow " you told mildly spicy pepers where me and satan would be. we couldve been seriously hurt-"

heather laughs "no one was in danger, it was only ment to be a scare

My stomach twists furiosly "theres somthing seriously wrong with you"

she raises chin defiant "i told you to stay away from satan and you didnt listen. i did what i had to do to get you to back off"

i stare at her fishs clenched "so what, you ask someone to attak us on our date? what the hell heather?!"

she shrugs nonchalantly "it worked didnt it?" she tilits her head "because where's satan now gramarly?"

i dont reply im to angry for words

"and where" she says with smirk "was he last night, gramarly? because he sure as hel wasnt with you"