𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐋 → 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐒

Prepare for a warm heart, @-peraltiagos !!

The sun smiled through the clarity of the sky, not a single cloud blocking its way to shine to the luscious land below. Each beam slithered into the forest thriving with trees of all shapes, all sizes, all stunning shades of green traced across their leaves, the dewed grass between each thickened trunk glittered from the light.

Calmingly, warmth became comfortable within the wood, absorbed within the collection of varying trees with a summery glow. Everything was golden, natural yet crisp dust visible in the humid air with a snaked shape in slim lines through the crack of the forest.

(Y/n) held a hand to shield her eyes from the blazing radiance, that illuminated the odd patch of grass but threatened her (e/c) orbs with burning damage if admired for too long. Her shadow lengthened as the sun slipped below the horizon, the image of such solar activity visible through the small amount of space the millions of leaves provided to glance at the aureate movement.

Her other hand, spare from guarding her gaze, was accompanied by something just as precious that blossomed in the same golden shade as the evening beams from her perspective. Another hand, that every so often lead her to wince from the strength pounding within the glove enveloping it and that scaled hers downwards from the overpowering size.

Knuckles wandered by her side, a few leaves surrendering to the upcoming of autumn laced to the ground with a crunch below his shoes alive with gold and green. A frown was carved to his pointed muzzle with curiosity and complex focus, his moist nose delicately placed at the very softened tip sniffing the friable touch to the atmosphere.

He soaked in every scent that flourished in the air, the echidna simply fascinated by the wildlife speckled across the landscape ahead and behind him like how the sunlight dappled the grass. Humidity, blooming plants, sweetened yet intrusive weeds... they all tickled his nose with his eyes alight with a tantalised violet observing the ripple of the grass as the forest drained away.

Knuckles turned to notice the deterioration of the trees - pines, oaks, apples - with a frown deepening from recognition of the route with a question burning his mind like how the sun seemed like it would send the grass into flames if it touched it any longer.

He turned to (Y/n). "Where shall we go now?"

"Back home, probably." She replied, staring ahead, sort of in a gentle daze.

Knuckles groaned in a manner that didn't reflect the frustration that would usually be associated with such a response; rather inquisitively.

"Why? Is that not where our quest began?"

"Yes, but-"

"What is the purpose for a quest to end where it began? It does not seem necessary to return if we had put all this effort into travelling here."

(Y/n) sighed, her eyes connecting with Knuckles' ablaze with interest for an appropriate explanation with the curiosity of a young child glowing from his face embedded in his ocean of crimson quills that just about tapped his chest.

"It was just a walk out, Knuckles. Usually people leave home for a little while to enjoy nature and the scenery before going back home, mostly for mental stimulation."

Knuckles gave another grumble, elongated by the fingers of understanding. Said echidna stepped to the gravel of the pavement neighboured with freshened bushes and mysterious hedges, leaving the woodland behind through the course of (Y/n)'s guidance.