70

THIRD PERSON POV-

Only two days were left in the big day. Taekook were very excited. Actually, Taehyung was very excited while Jungkook was throwing tantrums. There is a ritual in Hindu wedding, The bride and groom can't meet after Sangeet Ceremony. The bride is not allowed to leave the house thus separating the soon to be couple until the wedding day. This ritual is slowly vanishing but some religious people still follow it.

They say the fun of being in love is in separation.

The longingness, the sweet texts that makes you want to run into the arms of your love, the helplessness, the wait for wedding day so that you can finally get the glimpse of the person you love, the secret meetings... all of it is so fun when you are in love.

So, the same was going to happen with Taekook.

Both of them were prohibited from meeting and Jungkook wasn't ready to understand anything.

It was Mehndi (Henna) ceremony today. Taehyung's hands and feet will be decorated with beautiful and intricate designs of henna and among those designs, Jungkook's name will be hidden which the brunette will have to search later.

There is a saying- the more darker is the colour of your henna, the more your husband loves you.

And for Shagun purposes, A moon will be made on Jungkook's hand as well with henna by his sister, Ahana who will get money as shagun in return. This is a cute ritual where a brother and sister banter about the money as the sister usually demands a high price.

On groom's side, this ceremony is a small occasion but on bride's side, it is full of fun and entertainment. Guests comes to bless the groom, they dance on traditional songs which they sing on Dholak (A medium sized dhol). Males are usually not allowed in this ceremony as well making it a females' function. Not only bride, her friends as well as mother also applies henna on their hands.

Henna has an important role in every Indian function. Henna tattoos symbolise joy, beauty, spiritual awakening and offering. Getting a mehndi adorned on your palms and feet means much more than a basic tradition, as it is marked as the symbol of solah shringar which means the auspicious mark.

It was evening and Ahana was whining like a kid. Why?

Because Jungkook wasn't ready to come out of his room so that Ahana can put henna on his hands and ask for as much money as she want so that she can quickly go to Min Mansion to attend the ceremony. The brunette was not hiding because of the money, he was hiding because if he can't go there, he will not let Ahana go there as well.

Childish?

I know.

But what can we do? Jeon Jungkook is a kid inside.

Mrs Jeon was tired of her kids behaving like actual kids. Ahana, Mrs Jeon and Senior Mrs Jeon were ready to go to Taehyung's house but Jungkook was delaying. He wasn't ready to stay behind.

''Kookie....don't be stubborn, son.''

''No way Mom....Its my wedding and I am not allowed to be a part of these ceremonies.''

''Try to understand, Kookie....you are not the only one who is going through this. Every groom has to go through all these rituals if they wanna marry.'' Mrs Jeon tried to make her son understand.

''But I also want to see Tae.'' He replied from the other side of the door sulking.

''You can video chat with him...'' Mrs Jeon provided an alternative.

''Thats different, Mom.''

''How is that different. You wanna see him and you can see him on call too.'' Mrs Jeon asked making Jungkook roll his eyes.