30.

Meech and Mai made their way into a very large and crowded auditorium. They took a seat in the middle of the auditorium so they could see the full stage.

"Where's your mom?" Mai said as she took her black trench coat off and sat it in her lap.

"She had some shit to do. Jada said it was important so I thought we could come together." Meech shrugged as he looked around watching his surroundings. The majority of the people in the auditorium were white so he wasn't phased. Meech didn't beef with white people.

About ten minutes later, the lights to the auditorium dimmed and an announcer appeared on stage and spoke through a mic, "Good evening! Tonight we have a very special performance from some of our best dancers. We're trying something a tad bit different for our first performance so please sit back and enjoy! Hold your applause until the end of the recital, thank you!"

"Ooh, I'm excited." Mai whispered at Meech as she cheesed. Jada was supposed to be performing something different from her normal modern dances. She was excited and wanted everyone to see.

A slim white girl appeared on the stage in a black bodysuit with her hair in an extended ponytail. Partition by Beyoncé started to play through the speakers as a couple of boys surrounded her. She started dancing to the beat of the song which had Mai's eyes glued.

As the lyrics: Now my mascara runnin', red lipstick smudged, came through the speakers of the auditorium, Jada appeared on stage wearing a nude bodysuit that matched her skin perfectly along with a white half buttoned up shirt that stopped right at her butt. Her hair was slicked back into a bun as jewels were on her edges and eyes. She started dancing to the beat as a lot of people in the crowded clapped and shouted.

"Hell nah." Meech mumbled as Mai rolled her eyes and clapped for Jada. More girls appeared on the stage as they all continued to dance. The slim white girl and Jada were front and center.

"Jada looks good as hell." Mai complimented which caused Meech to shake his head as he continued to watch his sister. The song was too seductive for his little sister to be dancing to. He's never heard it before but he was understanding the lyrics clearly.

Jada kept her poker face as she noticed Mai and Meech in the crowd. All she was worried about was dancing. It took her a while to learn the choreography but no one could tell the way she was dancing.

"Handprints and good grips all on my—" She mouthed as rubbed on her ass briefly before heading over to dance with the slim white girl.

As the french portion of the song came up, the other dancers laid on the floor seductively as Jada did her solo part. Once the part was over, all the dancers stood back up and started dancing to the slow beat of the music, leaving Jada in the middle. Once the song was over, everyone applauded the group as they scurried off of the stage.

"Ima whoop her ass." Meech looked over at Mai.

"She's just dancing. Stop actin' like a big baby." Mai laughed finding him funny. As the recital went on, about three more performances occurred after the Partition song. It was going on nine and the last performance of the night was Jada's duet with a guy. The song Elastic Heart by Sia played as Jada stood on one end of the stage wear a nude bodysuit and a long braided ponytail while the guy stood on the other end wear nude pants. The two began imitating the scene of from the music video. Jada's dance choreographer believed she was the next Maddie Ziegler.

"Now she dancing with a nigga." Meech shook his head damn near astonished.

"Stop it." Mai whispered as she focused her attention on Jada. She was mind-blowing on the stage.

"He bet not drop my sister." Meech mugged as the guy picked Jada up and held her in the air. Once the song was over, the auditorium was filled with applause and screams. The lights flicked back on and everyone headed outside to meet the dancers.

Meech and Mai swiftly made their way out of the auditorium. The two headed to Meech's car as he grabbed a bouquet of white roses and they headed back over outside of the auditorium. About five minutes later, Jada came out fully dressed holding a tote bag.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you came to see me perform!" Jada screamed as she ran over to Mai and hugged her, "Did you like it? Did I mess up? I was nervous as hell."

"You did—"

"I should beat yo ass in front of these white folks for dancing like that in that first song." Meech mugged her as he handed her the roses.

"It's just a dance, Meechie." Jada rolled her eyes as she sniffed the roses, "Thank you."

"Anyways, you did great. I loved every performance." Mai smiled at the girl, "And so did he." Mai looked over at a guy looking over at the group which caused Jada to turn around.

"Oh, that's just my dance partner Nelly." Jada blushed a bit as she went over to approach the boy.

"You ova' here entertaining that shit." Meech licked over his lips, "She don't need to mess with none of these hoe ass niggas."

"You used to be a hoe too. Shut it up." Mai mugged him as Jada approached the two with Nelly.

"Nelly this is my brother, Meech and his girlfriend Mai. Meechie and Mai this is Darnell." Jada smiled brightly as she introduced the guy.

"Wassup." Nelly waved.

"Ain't shit, you betta' be lucky you ain't drop my sister on that stage, slim." Meech mugged him a little.

"Stop." Mai straight-faced him.

"I wasn't gonna drop her." Nelly laughed, "We've practiced enough. Jada, everyone's going to the diner tonight to celebrate. You comin'?"

"Nah she ain't com—"

"Yeah I'll come." Jada took up on the offer before glaring at her brother who was being overly protective.

"Okay, I'll see you there." He headed off towards a large group leaving the three alone.

"Stop actin' like I'm fourteen, Meechie." Jada mugged him, "I'm grown as fuck. Dancing or not."

"Watch yo mouth." Meech mugged her back. Jada's dance coach approached the group with a bright smile.

"Jada boo, you did the damn thang!" Tesco snapped, "Your sister is going places." He directed his attention to Meech.

"Appreciate it, bruh." Meech nodded his head looking over Tesco. Tesco was extremely colorful. Mai thought he reminded her of Uncle Clifford from P-Valley.

"And who might you be because I would love another slim thang on my team!" Tesco turned his attention to Mai and looked over her figure.

"I'm Mai." She smiled a bit, "I promise you wouldn't want me to dance. All I can do is twerk." Tesco and Mai shared a quick laugh.

"Well, it's okay. Everyone must grow, baby." Tesco fanned himself a bit, "Well Jada, you best hurry to that diner because everybody waiting for you. I'll see you tomorrow during practice." Tesco switched off to another group.

"So, you taking me to the diner, right?" Jada looked over Meech as she cheesed and gripped onto her roses.

"Yeah, let's go before I change my mind." He headed off towards his car causing both Jada and Mai to roll their eyes as they followed.