page 6

" Lay a finger on him I dare you! I'll kill you before you have the chance to take your last breath!" 

" Well look who has shown up our well invited guest." He suddenly threw a kick at me kicking me flat in my stomach but luckily I blocked it with my arm only slightly bruising it.

I had trained hard and fought hard. I may have even slightly changed from being a modest and quiet lady I swore to never be so meek.

" A tough cookie I see."
" Don't mock me."

He has no idea what he's getting himself into, Ever since that cursed night I practiced fighting on my own, From  delicate noble lady to a woman filled with scratches and callous hands from holding sword. Underneath my cloak is a body toned and sturdy with the constant drastic measures I went to, All to ensure that this time I'd be going for the golden cup. 
"If you think I am just some weak woman you're going to be sorry. And a sore loser."

He suddenly charged at me cracking the wooden panels with each step he took although he was not fast. His armor would be something else to get past into. 

I charged at him as well quickly ducking between his legs as he lifted his sword and made the first move. The sword clashed onto the ground breaking more panels. As wooden chips flew our way. I tucked underneath him hurrying to grab a wooden panel hitting his head with it.
As he snatched out the glass shard that he didn't seem to notice was in his leg until his body began to falter. 

His Helmet flew off as his ragged beard, He slightly made a smirk with his dark and evil dimmed eyes. " Why thank you kind lady. I am able to breath now." He swung his sword again as each movement he made created little pocket openings just enough a dagger could dig its blade into.

He couldn't see I was observing each move he made. Every slightest detail I soon uncovered in just seconds. I was quick on my feet until I found a plan and opening. 

I'd grasps the wooden chips and throw them into his eyes causing an opening to appear I'll take it.

I snuck the wooden chips into my cloak. Waiting for an opening all to be caught by surprised by his sword he snuck me and slashed me slightly with his blade. My arm began to bleed.

" That's troublesome." I thought to myself. I quickly found my way to throw the wooden chips throwing them into his eyes. He screamed as I had also mixed small amounts of dirt and powder into it. I found my way behind him kicking the back of his leg causing his armor to weigh him down.

A small pocket opened and I made my move. Digging my Dagger into his back leg and his right arm I had also made my dagger towards his throat stabbing him.

" What have you done." He collapsed onto the wooden floor. He struggled to speak as blood gushed from the back of his neck and sides at any moment he would die. With blood draining out of his body like a fast river exiting into a lake. 

" Who are you working for?" I asked holding up his head by his hair crouching down. " Why would I tell you?!" He said smirking. " What a shame your precious family may have to suffer." I say lifting my blade to his neck gliding it down his visible veins. " Whats the matter that didn't stop you for killing those that night." " What do you mean Duchess?" " So you keep the secrets after the countless lives you have taken, I recognize those eyes as dingy and dull they are. They're are the eyes of the one guard I seen standing in battle with the guards commander." 
" I fought silently now I'll die silently." "And in anguish." 

My heart began to cool down, With the adrenaline rushing through me and my body being confused on what it should do. 

He suddenly sat up with me on his back running backwards into the wall squishing me and cornering me to my death. I sliced his neck open as his smirk faded while dying words continued to spill from his throat " She's looking for you. Mistress eve".

He died leaving me his sword and nothing but a dead legend he tried to build.

I put my sword away. Knowing how dark Knights work they would be sending out reinforcements. I picked up the slightly small child picking up the brooch as well. Placing a sheet around him I carried him on my back all to see a small farm carriage in the back.

I went to the back and went back into the house grabbing some food and clothes and any source of supplies as well as some health care things.

I patched him up, washing the blood away bandaging his wounds as well as applying a healing medicine and cream to help his wounds heal faster. Just a little trick I learned with five years as a wanderer. 

I then put him on the back of the small carriage taking the knights horse as its black and dark mane whispered in the wind.

" I guess I won't be leaving your side just yet Atticus." 
" I wouldn't have it any other way mistress." Atticus wheezes soon closing his eyes once again and drifting away.
Such a gash he had, Yet the boys will keeps him going. 

I set out to a nearby village near the capital. Village Welcatraz. Rumors live here and at least I'll be able to find some sort of information but the only lead I had is a letter I found in the Knights armor and the name eve. I was lost and for now on  i'd have to hone my skills.
The only question I had was how did
That knight know who I was? When my face was clearly covered

" Eve."