Page 13

The next morning at the crack of dawn and the mists of silence I peer open he door as it slightly creaks and opens ever so slightly. 
 Walking into the wash room I realized I didn't have my clothes. I peeked my head out of the wash room. To see the man there waiting and outside the door. As soon as the door peered open he slid his fingers into it and held it open looking down at me. 
" Well since your here. My clothes?" I asked 
" No goodmorning either? You sure are rude." the man said.
" My clothes?" 
" When I found you they were ripped, Barely wearable. And why would you use such a weak fabric out in the country?" He says confusingly
"Why are you prying into my affairs?" I say glaring up at him 

He suddenly leaves at the room. I close the door trying to figure what I was going to wear but nothing helped either. All his clothes were beyond huge, And smelt.. Oddly amazing for such a big man.
He then peers open the door to see me smelling his clothes. I quickly toss them down and snatching the clothes he had for me in his hands. 
" To your liking?" He asks as I examine the clothes
"They're rags."
" One, I bought those two the way I smell." He says looking at me
" I was just trying to find some clothes to wear. I don't want to smell bad." 
"Well I doubt you'll fit anything I have even if I was a child." 
" Are you saying I'm tiny?" I asked 
" Not at all little miss." he says exiting the room and shutting the door behind him.

Looking at the close they were rather questionable. These garments were only used for women who are more of a traveling type. While the cloak was my own cloak. It remained intact and perfect. And I was glad because such a high priced cloak better have been kept in shape.

" At least that's something I could look forward to." I whispered

Soon bathing. And putting my garments back on.

" You even look good in rags." Atticus says as I emerge from the room
" Rags?! I paid for those." The man says emerging from the corner.
" What's your name?" I asked.
" Don't have one." He replies walking away
"Then how do you expect me to travel with you when you aren't even willing to give me your name."
"You've been awfully rude, I think we can skip the being besties part." 
" So why would I travel with you?"
"Because you need information and I need bait to draw out the person I need."
" Oh goodie, I am useful."
"In a sense."

It seemed wherever we talked he was in a rush, Always ignoring me and talking in circles. He was irritating and truthfully I think this was the first man I had come to dislike.

" Get your things Atticus were setting off back to that village."
" But its dangerous!"
" They need our help we'll help them get back on their feet and move along." "
 But why?"
" I'm tired of this land becoming a waste land."
" That old village you wish to save is long gone. A plague has been set upon them for five years. You just happened to not catch it." 
 " Even more the reason to go and help." I reply with a glare.
" You cannot do it alone."
 " And that's why your helping me."
" That hellish place? Are you out of your mind? Besides its not like you are the Queen or kind let alone a Duchess."
" I get you want to find her for a reason I don't know, But I will help you so help me." 

He lets out a sigh.
" Your looking for death that old town has been dead for years."
" Well I happen to be really good at making stuff appear new."
"Yea but not new entirely."
" You will help, Or you won't find the duchess." I say seriously 

" I just can't understand. Why would you wish to help a forgotten waste land" the man said.
" It is because it is a waste land I wish to save it" I replied.
" Even though you're risking your life? Your life for people who haven't received help in quite a while."
" You are just answering your very own questions." I replied.