11

I push all my energy and strength into my arms, Waiting for the right moment to latch onto the one thing that would allow me to save myself from the wallowing depths. 
I had one chance and I had to take it I couldn't be foolish I had to time everything perfectly.

As the raging rivers current grew more and more strong I could tell we were leading up to the rougher patches Where the rocks were huge and small and with this violent current I was sure to be taken by death.
I opened my eyes within all the chaos and saw we were near the part of the river where large and tall trees were  bending their branches down towards the river,  Just enough to latch onto but the only thing I had to worry about was if I could pull myself out of the waters. Let alone if the branch could support my weight.

At the last moment my heart pounded and with the last bit of strength I had I grasped onto the branch lifting my head from out of the water pulling myself up on the large branch with all the might I had.

I lifted my arm up grasping a fallen branch as hard as I could, Digging my hands into the branch having a grip so deadly my hand print practically buried into the trees bark. I lifted myself up with all the energy I had, All to then plop down when I was balanced and could rest easy. 
I could hear the raging currents up ahead of me. I lifted my head up ahead of me taking a glance at what had awaited for me. As all that lay ahead was large rocks with the waters splashing high and diving low into a dip curved rock.
Ahead of me laid death set in stone. 

I could feel my conscious fading away as my eyes continued to fade out and a deep ringing continued to ache at my ears. With my head pounding and my body trembling from the cold.

I laid on the branch as my body grew limp again and all feeling ceased in my body. My legs hung from the branch as my cloak was torn off and my hair laid stuck to my face as my arms hung from the tree as well.
I dropped my head down gasping for air, Closing my eyes shut. 

I lost conscious of everything around me hearing nothing but the drowning out noise of the harsh currents of water while rain continued to poor down on my body.
My consciousness slipped away from me, And I passed out enduring long hours of pain in my deep sleep. 

" She's a strong one almost drowning, Along with poison in her body, With some mental faigue what a fragile woman yet shes a tough cookie to crack." 
" Of course she is, she's my lady!"
" Alright kid, don't get too excited she might die from shock in her sleep."
" She won't die! Quite saying such things like its nothing!" 
" Alright! Can you stop talking for once? your like a broken musical jewelry."

Voices filled the air. As the sound of fire cracking filled the room. It was warm and by the feel of it I was wrapped in a new set of clothes with heavy blankets placed on me.

" Let go of me! " Why should I You might be of value." A sharp sword could be heard clanging as its sharpening noises screeched my ears awake.

I jolted up standing to my feet grabbing the nearest weapon near me pushing the little boy away pulling the dagger up to the strange mans neck. " Touch him. I dare you."

I didn't understand why I was so angry and why I was suddenly responding in such a way. But that voice sounded so similar to Atticus's.

Wait.

I slowly turned to the boy as his rosy cheeks formed into small dimples as he smiled. That same curly soft hair and those welcoming eyes cloudy eyes.

I dropped my dagger falling to my knees grasping Atticus into my arms holding him in a long embrace all to swell with relief and joy. " My lady? Atticus wraps his arms around me, glad to see that I was okay,
He suddenly cut our reunion short pushing me away from him. Pulling out the small brooch from out of his pockets