page 43

In the depths of my mind, I stay a float high above the dark and white clouds. Randomly my body would toss me into the clouds and move uncontrollably and other moments I sat still hovering over the distant waters below me.
Each time I would be tossed into the clouds, The cloud would then fuse into my body and a memory would dissolve into my mind.

Such a strange dream, Yet I can never awaken but just wait patiently as each memory slowly seeps into my mind.

~

I awakened as the sounds of water flooded my ears, The blinding sun, And the water soaking my clothes tightly pressing them onto my skin. On my stomach I laid stiff, fluttering open my eyelids and lifting my head slightly. All to see a tall man hovering over me as his voice drowns both in and out. 
"Are you okay?" He says sounding muffled and echoing. But I just sat still with my head slightly tilted back, looking up at him.
"Ralftila?" He says again muffled and echoing.

My vision was blurry and I couldn't see who it was or why he knew my name. As his voice chatters in my mind, and my ears begin to violently ring. With the name Lucian lingering and fading into the name Elijah.
My eyes fell closed, And my head splashed back into the water. As my memories were snatched away from me. With the last word touching my tongue was Lucian's name. That soon faded from my mind.

I awakened a few moments later, In the arms of this strange man while his voice ringed completely unfamiliar in my mind. With all my strength in my body I had managed to muster up some words. 
"Put me down." I said quietly, not even having the strength to lift my hand up.
" You think you can walk in your state?" He says softly
"Who are you?" 
"Just rest you'll be safe I won't hurt you Ralftilia."
"Who's Ralftila-" The words slipped from my lips as my memory slipped away with no reminder of who I was.

Many moments later I had awakened once again, And it slowly became a habit for my consciousness to slip in and both out. I was completely at lost, With each time my eyes opened he was there taking care of me humming a melody I will never be able to get out of my head.
Many days passed of me being there, And one day I had enough strength to finally walk. Late within the night I took the man's cloak and put it on, Walking outside and breathing fresh air. For I had been stuck laid down.

I took a deep breath gazing at the moon that hung high in the sky, With small distant stars painting the night in beauty.
I began to sway and loose balance of my body, With my head growing dizzy and my eyes fading in and out, Vision turning unstable with my mind craving to slip away again, Aching to remember something I can't.

I began to walk back to the small wooden cabin, Swaying and holding the cloak tightly to me, With my ears ringing and my head pounding.
 Right as I press my hand onto the door handle it swings open. My consciousness was snatched away from me.
My eyes closed shut, As my body goes limp and falls into his arms. With his voice echoing and fading away.
"What were you thinking." He says holding me in his arms, Guiding my each step back to the bed.

Many times this happened to me, With my vision being blurry at all times. But eventually I could stay awake and stopped losing my consciousness. And that's when this strange man decided that he would... train me.

So gruesome the training was, Day and night I worked hard without knowing a reason why. As he kept telling me "You live in the common world now, Fighting is needed among women." Each time he told me this slightly my heart grew more determined.
I spent a month with this man, Fighting with my eyes closed learning how to detect hostile energy. He taught me with weapons and with hands. And even at night I would train alone with the moon kissing my skin. Never catching a break, With the distant and foggy memories taking glimpses in my mind.