Talab-e-Ishq (14)

"Miss. Namira Jahangir." He was taking attendance, but Namira was in her own world or probably his world to be precise.

"NAMIRA JAHANGIR." She stumbled and her elbow fell from the desk making her face slip from her hands and bringing her out of her day dream.

"Yes sir?" She stood up grinning like an idiot.

"In which field you are?" She looked confused at his odd question.

"MBA Sir."

"And what was the first thing I taught on the first day?"

"Professionalism."

"Where it is?"

"I am sorry Sir. It won't happen again."

"It better not. Otherwise you don't need to attend my class. And no one, I correct neither your father's acquaintances can save you. Keep in mind." Saying he continued taking his attendance while Namira was left embarrassed and angered at his humiliation.

Okay, what if her father was famous? She hadn't ever used its advantage even if she could. She felt immensely hurt. Harsh words wasn't new for her, but them coming from someone you admire is heartbreaking.

Her eyes stung with tears but she didn't let them fall, she didn't want to give him another excuse to humiliate her and call her weak.

××××××××××

"Namira! You have been called in Lion's den." The class representative shouted entering the class.

"But why? What have I done now?" She was frustrated.

"Go and ask." He just shrugged his shoulders making her scrunch her nose in annoyance.

Knocking on his office's door she entered after getting permission.

"You called me?" She asked looking at everywhere but him.

"Yes. What is this?" He forwarded an envelope towards her.

"Ohh...yeh to bhai ke shadi ka card hai." She excitedly opened the envelope as if she hadn't seen it already.

"And what it is doing here?" Prof. Alam asked.

"I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders in confusion. "What it has to do with me?"

"Your father personally came to give this to me. Is this any of your's trick to be in my good books?"

She could only see red although he was wearing black. Uff Namira! Get out of your head. Scolding herself she slammed the invitation card on his table.

"Listen Professor! And listen carefully. I didn't used my father's help to be here, nor will I and neither our elders believe to help us. It may be your lifestyle that you think everyone is like you. Or rahi baat Invitation ki? To mere farishto ko bhi iss chiz ka ilm nahi tha. Ap ek kaam kare na, ye le mere abbu ka number...call karke puch lijiye ke unhone itni zehmat kyuki nashukre logo ko dawat dene ki..." she whispered yelled penning down her father's number on his notepad.

"BEHAVE YOURSELF. I AM YOUR PROFESSOR!" He yelled getting up.

"THAN BEHAVE LIKE ONE! WHY DRAGGING ME IN EVERYTHING? I AM YOUR STUDENT NOT YOUR WIFE THAT YOU MOCK ME AT EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!" She kept her hands on her mouth as soon as she realised what she said.

"Huh? My wife? You don't even fill in one category of what I want my wife to be!" He said enraged. And she felt humiliated yet again, but kept her posture rigid.