Talab-e-Ishq (Last)

This chapter contains some triggering death scenes which might not be suitable for some audience. Proceed at your own risk.

‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Who is counted as a shaheed among you?” They said, “The one who fights and is killed for the sake of Allaah.” The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Then the shaheeds among my ummah would be few. The one who is killed for the sake of Allaah is a shaheed; the one who dies of plague is a shaheed; the one who dies of a stomach disease is a shaheed; the woman who dies with a child in her womb is a shaheed.” This was narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 5/315, and by Ibn Maajah, and by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, who said its isnaad is saheeh. A report with a similar meaning was narrated by Muslim.

××××××××××

"Congratulations! You have a daughter." Hayam smiled wholeheartedly before falling into unconsciousness. The next time she opened her eyes to the most beautiful scene she had seen ever. Tausif stood cradling their daughter in his arms and talking to her lightly. She kept looking at them until he turned and glanced towards her. His lips and eyes smiled wholeheartedly seeing her awake.

"Kaisi ho?" He laid the baby in her arms who didn't reply to his query. 

"Mubarak ho Hayam, or thank you mujhe itna khubsurat tohfa dene k liye." Kissing her forehead he helped her to hold their daughter.

"Apko bhi bohot bohot mubarak ho Tausif." She smiled up at him before trying to bring her daughter up to kiss her. Seeing her try, Tausif helped her.

"Hamari Parishay." She said kissing her daughter, Tausif smiled at the name she gave their daughter. "Hamari beti." She smiled tearfully. "I love you Baby, Mamma loves you." She was getting extra emotional which wasn't good considering her health so he held his daughter back. "Parishay and Baba love you too Hayam."

They kept looking at each other when suddenly the monitors began to bleep loudly and Hayam began to breathe heavily, startling Tausif who immediately shouted out to the doctor. 

He was rushed out along with his daughter immediately as a number of doctors and nurses rushed in.

He immediately called his family. Some were just outside the hospital to avoid overcrowding who came running to him while others went back home after meeting the new member.

Inam took Parishay from his arms for which he was thankful because his hands were trembling.

"Ya Allah! Please don't test me more than I can bear." He could only whisper. His parents, Hayam's Father, brother, some cousins and other elders stood beside him consoling him but he could not see or hear anything. He just kept reciting the same dua again and again.

Until the doctors came out and before they could say anything he read their defeated expressions.

"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un." (Indeed, we belong to Allah, and Indeed, to Him, we shall return”.)

"We are sorry. She is no more."

It wasn't even a day to Ayan's death, one more death caused havoc in the hearts of Jahangirs.

××××××××××

The door of the house banged with such a noise that her heart's beat increased its pace. The anxiety she was feeling from the dawn itself came true in the form of her worst nightmare.

"Shah ji! SHAH JI UTHIYE." Her ever so deep sleeping husband wasn't even aware of the loud banging. "KOI AYA HAI SHAH JI UTHIYE." Mr. Shah woke up begrudgingly and she couldn't stop herself from coming out behind him. Mr. Shah was about to descend the stairs when they saw Alam too making his way towards the stair in a half sleepy state.