𝟭𝟲: 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶

'Your not my Rafe anymore.'

"You guys were right

"You guys were right. It didn't work." I looked up at her in disbelief as I engulfed her in a hug flipping the bird to every (mainly JJ) who ridiculed her for her decision. "Now, y'all need to load up in the paddy wagon and get the heck out of Dodge right now." JJ instructed throwing his hands around.

"Right, you'll need supplies and your going to have to split as soon as possible." Wow pope agreed with JJ I'm shocked. "Guys I think it might be too late." I mumbled staring at the police boats now coming to shore. "Oh shit." JJ called out before taking off in a sprint all of us on his trail as John B wrapped an arm around Sarah's waist holding her into him.

We ran behind the tree as people began to corner us. "JJ, no." I turned around at the sound of John B's muffled voice. I saw JJ with a gun clutched tightly in his hand as he seemed ready to shoot at any time. I walked over fast grabbing his hand with the gun inside looking up at him with pleading eyes. "Don't."

He lowered the gun allowing John B enough time to throw it onto the ground and for JJ to cover it with dirt. Guns were in the air as all are of are arms moved up in surrender. Some guy was beating up John B, we all attempted to push are way through as this was going on. "Get off of me you filthy piece of shit." I called out attempting to shove this old man's grimy hand off of me.

***

The courts. Where justice is meant to be happen. But of course you have to be a kook to get that luxury.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statue section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty."  The gravel strike against the wood as I was left breathless.

I looked across to the other side where the kooks sat all with grins on there faces, I then turned to see look at Ward and Rose who looked shocked but pleased with themselves. "Your honor, he's 17!" I shouted stood on my feet as I attempted to move over to him only for Pope to pull me back.

"Hey, John B, we're gonna figure it out." JJ called out as he began to protest against Pope's forceful push on his chest. "John B! John B!" Sarah yelled pushing through people to try and get closer to him. We were soon enough pushed out the court room walking out defeated and angry.

"Is this a joke? Are we in hell or?..." Kiara trailed off as Sarah went over what she wished she'd never done and what she would've. "They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it." JJ mumbled walking down the stairs glumly. I linked my arm with his as I pulled him close into me, I was unaware of the people talking.

"Can you please shut up? Of course you think the system works because it's made to protect you and people like you." Kiara argued taking a few steps closer to them. "He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide." A man in a meaningless suit spoke up, I'm assuming a lawyer of Ward's. "He shouldn't even be in court! You should, 'cause you're a murderer." Kiara went on. Pop off queen, king or everything in between.