𝟮𝟬: 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶

'You are my daughter Rosalie.'

I walked through the doors that looked like the place I grew up in and used to call home but now they just reminded me of a distant memory

I walked through the doors that looked like the place I grew up in and used to call home but now they just reminded me of a distant memory. A memory most of which I'd like to forget. I walked into my bathroom cleaning my body and pulling on a new set of clothes. The shorts fitted my waist perfectly as I buttoned them up. I let my hair down, I'd decided I was going to dye my hair later. I wanted a fresh started in every way.

I walked down the stairs grabbing my car keys before going to walk out the door, the voice I haven't heard since I was presumed dead rang in my ears shocking me. I was frozen. "Rosalie?" Footsteps creeped closer until I felt the rough yet warm hand touch my shoulder, I slowly turned around facing my unusually large father. He looked no different, with his to cleanly pulled back brown hair to his sharp green eyes. But they had a different touch in them this time, this time they were looking down on me in softness. Like for the first time in a long time he wasn't mad at me for even breathing.

With a small scoff he grabbed me pulling me into his chest and wrapping his strong arms around my neck. His cologne smelt different than the last time I'd hugged him when mum was alive, it was like herbs and spice back then. But now it smelt like Hugo boss, in all honesty I'm being honest. With teary eyes I wrapped my own skinny arms around his waist hugging him back, this was all I'd ever wanted. Was for him to hug me again. As much as I'd lie and say I haven't missed this I had, he was once my best friend in this wicked world just like Sebastian. I used to call him Seb and he'd call me June, my dad used to call me Rosie bear because I used to hug him really tightly and all the time.

One of his hands found my hair as he pushed my face closer to his chest, I now could hear his silent sobs as he sobbed on my head. I never knew that loving him had consequences. His love was sweet and warm but when it wasn't love it hurt like hell, it made me want to jump many times but I stayed because I couldn't leave Layla with him. I knew that. When we talk now it was awkward, we didn't know what to say. Or at least he didn't know what to say, I wanted to ask him about work about life. I had so many questions.

I just want my dad back. "I thought I'd lost you." I heard him whisper softly in my ear, my grip on him tightened, after all this time of grieving someone who was very much alive I knew know that I didn't need Ward. I wanted Ward and craved the idea of him because the dad that I had I felt had never wanted me back, in the end I just wanted a dad. I just wanted my dad to want and love me back. He pulled away from the hug to cup my cheeks and assess my face. "W-what happened?" He stumbled on his words as tears fell down his tanned cheeks. I so have a better tan than him.

"Long story dad." I laughed softly yet quietly as my own tears now left my cheeks to his display. He wiped away my fallen tear with his thumb offering my a smile. "I'm just glad you're back home now Rosalie." I smiled at him nodding my head. "I-I'm sorry for not being there for you the past few years when you needed me and pushing you to be friends with the Cameron's. I-I don't know how I could ever make up for lost time or how I can get you to forgive me but just know I'm sorry. For everything." Sorry? A five letter word that people deem useless until they are told it.