The Owl House Shorts#3: The Last Apple Blood

◈◈◈

It was a peaceful day at the Owl House. Luz talking to Gus and Willow in the living room, while King tried to get their attention.

"...and then Yn fell down the tree, directly into the trash bin!" Luz Said with a chuckle. She told Gus and Willow some stories of her and Yn when they were younger.

Yn sat behind on the couch with a book about potion making and rolled his eyes at this. Though he smiled softly at the enthusiasm in Luz's voice.

He started to feel thirsty and sighed as he put his book aside before going into the kitchen to get himself a juice box of Apple Blood.

Humming he opened thed fridge and saw that only one juice box was left. 'Should I take it?' He asked himself. He knew full well, that Eda loved Apple Blood. Probably more than him. So he could get in trouble if he took it... On the other hand, he was thirsty and Eda always could buy new Apple Blood.

"Eh." He shrugged and reached for the juice box but another hand reached for it at the same time. He looked over to see Eda besides him.

They looked at eachother for a moment before squinting their eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?" Eda asked crossing her arms. "This is my Apple Blood."

"Well" Yn crossed his arms too and looked up at the older witch. "I saw it first, so I am going to grab and drink it." He went to grab it again, but Eda took his wrist.

"I don't think so."

"But I do." Yn quickly casted a light spell to blind Eda. While she held her eyes closed, Yn swiftly grabbed the juice box and ran back into the living room.

But he tripped over the carpet, which suddenly buckled, causing him to fall and let go of the juice box.

Confused, Luz stopped telling her stories and she and her two witchling friends looked over to Yn and the item he had dropped.

"Yn! You okay?" Luz asked, trying not to laugh, as the juice box began to float to Eda, who stood in the doorway.

But it quickly stopped, when Yn casted the same spell. "I got it first!"

"I bought it!" Eda retorted.

Gus raised an eyebrow "Are they..?"

"Fighting over Apple Blood?" Willow continued the question.

"It's probably the last one." Luz quickly stood up and walked to the fighting two. "Hey, stop fighting. Ther probably is an easier way to determine who get this Box."

Yn's eyes widened. "You are right. Luz you are a Genius!"

A faint blush appeared on Luz's cheek.

"Let's fight for it, Eda! A Duel. The winner get's the Apple Blood."

"What?!" Luz, Willow and Gus exclaimed as Eda raised an eyebrow.

"I am not going to fight you, Kid." She said as she stopped casting her spell. Yn did the same and Luz caught the falling juice box.