Getting used to the new Life

Seperate Tides Pt.1

◈◈◈

Luz and Yn were running through a cave as they heared deep laughter.

"This way!" Yn said as he lead the way. He recently found some perks in his dragon form. Like for example, he weirdly had a better sense of smell and could see in the dark... To some degree.

"Foolish children." The monster they were huntin exclaimed. "Leave this place before you meet your demise!" A huge demon shadow was casted onto the Wall.

"Do not underestimate me Garlog!" Luz exclaimed and began her normal monologue. Yn rolled his eyes in amusement. She did this speech even more often than usual, now that they were stuck on the Boiling Isles. "For I am the good witch Luz, hunter of monsters." And of course her overdramatic pause could not be missing. She then crouched down and put Eda's staff on her shoulder like a Bazooka. "Now eat this suckaaa-what?" She stopped when she saw Garlogs true Body. It was small and more cute than anything.

"Huh." Yn said and walked over to the small demon. He carefully picked it up with his claw, which was wrapped in some kind of bandages, that Yuhria and Lilith gave to him. They we're supposed to cover up the Sharp parts, so he wouldn't accidentally scratch and poison someone...If his claw even had poison. "That's not what I expected."

"You're Garlog?" Luz asked and stepped closer to Yn with one hand on hee hip. "That's pathetic."

"Small I may be, but you will soon know fear when I lay waste to all that you-" Garlog said but stopped when King jumped up and ate him.

"King. Drop it now!" Yn said sternly, but instead King just mumbled something and began to dash around the cave.

"Drop it!" Luz demanded. "No! We are not playing now! King!" She yelled as she and Yn followed King around.

◈◈◈

Luz leaned her phone again the bottles they captured Garlog in. "Boop." She Said as she tapped the bottle before sitting down and pressing record on her phone. "Hola Mama! Luz here, you haven't heard from me in a while. It's been a week and a half since I... well destroyed the portal home..." She paused for a Moment. "But I had to! Emperor Belos was gonna kill Eda if I didn't hand it over.. But I couldn't let him use it, so I blew it up with some fire magic." She rubbed her fore head.

"She's not gonna understand any of this..." She sighed and closed her eyes as she leaned back a little.

"Eh, don't worry too much. You'll Just have to properly explain it." Yn said from besides her. "And if you can't do it. I will... I mean... I literally turned magical. This has to help her understand right?"

Luz giggled at that as she looked ober to him. It was still weird... Seeing him like that daily. That scales in his face, the claw that was wrapped din bandages and that one orange eye. But she slowly got used to it. She grabbed her phone so she could get Yn into View. "And don't worry Mama. I still got Yn here with me... Even though he's very different from the last Time you saw him."

Yn nervously waved with his claw-hand. "Hey..."

"Anyways, this world is filled with inexpicable magic, like this portal key." Luz held up the key to the camera. "I don't actually know if it contains any magic, but I'm gonna study all I can. And find a way Back to you.