Two Dragons

◈◈◈

Tabitha stood in front of her mirror and looked at herself, wearing the Emperor's Coven Uniform. She frowned at herself. Lately, it felt wrong to wear it. But she didn't know why, and instead of thinking about it, she just told herself, that she didn't deserve to wear it anymore, because of her failures in the past. She was a failure, a disgrace, not even able to fullfill simple tasks, like capturing a stupid hybrid-boy, who didn't even knew how to properly use spells a short while ago.

Tabitha sighed. She could see her reflection in the mirror and smiled sadly, thinking of all the times that this uniform had been a symbol of hope for her. It gave her strenght whenever she wore it. It made her feel proud. She was proud of herself, of being a part of the Emperor's Coven. But ever since Yuhria betrayed the Coven, since her own mother figure, the Woman who raised her left, the proud Feeling slowly got replaced by a Feeling overwhelming disappointment and shame. Tabitha tried hard to stop feeling that way but it only got worse each day. It seemed that, no matter what she did, everything she tried was still failing.
She just wasn't that girl from a few months ago. Hell, she didn't even know if she wanted to catch Yn anymore.

The only reason she agreed on trying to do it was to prove herself useful to the Emperor. To actually be someone worth of Yuhrias love. But now, everytime she saw him the desire to catch him got less and less and she...Well she didn't know what she felt. She only knew that she hated the person that looked back at her from the mirror. But still she kept wearing that Uniform, because she still hoped that she could be the person she always wanted to be. To make a change and help creating a better version of the boiling Isles. Maybe it was selfish of her, but did she even have another chance? She shook her head. It had no use to continue to drown herself into these thoughts.

So, with a sigh, she wiped away the tears, that gathered in her eyes and pulled her uniform off and threw it besides her bed. She then got into her pajamas and curled up in the covers, trying to sleep. Suddenly her heart began to ache, as she tried to fight back tears, but failed. Her emotions just boiled over at this Moment.

◈◈◈

"...and that's the state of our portal right now", Luz said as she and Amity walked into the kitchen. They were holding hands, while Luz told her girlfriend what was going on after Amitys little trip to Eclipse Lake. They went to sit down on the table as Yn entered the kitchen, and went straight for the fridge. "But that's not everything", Luz continued her conversation with Amity, seemingly ignoring Yn, "Eda actually kind of got a hold of her harpy powers and King-" She was interrupted by rustling and stuff falling to the Floor. The two Girls looked over to see Yn with almost the whole content of the fridge in his arms - which wasn't that much but still. He even already had a piece of bread in his mouth, he chewed on.

"Uhm, Yn. Not to be rude oder anything, but why exactly are you getting so much food?" Amity asked, tilting her head to the side as she watched Yn close the fridge with his hip.

"Why are you overminding your business, Ames?" Yn retorted, his mouth still full of bread, and then swallowed.

"Woah, Yn" Luz interrupted, "calm down a little, it was a simple question. And she's right. You're getting an awful lot of food, despite having eaten Like what? Twenty minutes ago?"

Yn sighed in response, "I'm Just really hungry today."

"Just like almost everyday since Eclipse Lake", Luz said but Yn just waved her off.