Meeting Momma Clawthorne

Keeping Up A-fear-ances Pt.1

◈◈◈

"It always starts the same way."

Younger Eda gasped and quickly sat up, panting and looking around.

"I wake up someplace dark."

Eda found herself in a shadowy void. She stodd up and looked around with a frightened expression as a shadow flashed past behind her. She turned around to look at it.

"And then it appears."

The Owl Beast appeared out of the dark. It stepoed on the ground, causing it to shake. It stretched its neck towards Eda, stopped in front of her, and screeched.

Eda cried out in surprise, then turned around and ran away, panting and crying.

She is sitting on her bed, telling this to a healer from the Healing Coven and her mother. "And eventually... I wake up and I know I turned into... that thing."

The healer looked at her for a second and then nodded. "I see. Here, take this." He handed her a large
gem. "It will tell you when the beast's energy is bubbling to the surface. Also, I hear gems are quite fashionable for young witches." He said, trying to cheer up Eda a bit.

"Oh, what a beautiful little stone." Gwendolyn said with a smiled before turning to the Healer. "May I speak with you outside?" She ushered
him outside "Just a minute, hon."
She closed the door. Outside the room, she starts scolding the healer.

Eda decided to get up and eavesdrop on their conversation.

"What the heck was that? I thought you were in the Healing Coven, not the Bauble Brigade!" Gwendolyn

"Mrs. Clawthorne, we have never seen a curse quite like this. l'm not sure it can be healed. Perhaps if we consult the Potions Coven, they may know a way to keep it at bay."

"Keep it at bay? Oh, no. My daughter is suffering and I want that thing out! Cut it out if you have to."

Upon hearing that, Eda gasped and quickly covered her mouth. She panted and clutches her chest. Then,
she looked up and notices that her window is open. The wind blowed. causing it to swing and squeak.

Gwendolyn pushed door open, entering the room again. Edalyn, I'm taking you to someone else." She looked alround a little after realizing that Eda was gone. Her eyes landed on the Open window. "Huh?"

◈◈◈

Eda was running through a forest. She
eventually stopped to catch her breath, then started walking while looking around.

"I never knew this was back here."
She trips Over something and felld down. She turned around to see what made her fell. "Huh?" She saw a suitcase-like thing buried in the dirt. She picked it up and wiped off the dirt on its surface, revealing an eye shape.

The eye flashed, and the suitcase flew off Eda's hand. It folded open, turning into a door, with a key turning the lock, unlocking it. The door opened, revealing it to be a portal leading to an unknown realm.

Eda squinted her eyes at it in confusion.. "What?"

"Edalyn! Edalyn, is that you?" Gwendolys voice rang out from somewhere.