Chapter 26

Casey's pov
I decided to stay for a while,not cause of the races:but cause of my new friends.They're not that bad,I thought they'd be weirdos but they're not.Togo is just a kid,but he's fast,like the dog he was named after.He dreams of becoming a street racer like us,I see him more as that one fast kid on the track team.Hansen,Lola,and Spits immediately befriended me.I barely got to know Lewis and Guy,all I know is that they seem to like getting into fights with other people.everything seems perfect,but....I dunno about Sal.He just seems off to me,but I feel like I can trust him.maybe I'm just worried because I miss my family?Dom is on the run,Mia is staying at home,Letty and Vince left,and I'm not even sure where Leon is.Brian,I want to call him but I just....I can't.

"You ok?"Lola asked,I shook my head,snapping back into reality."Huh?"I said."You zoned out for an hour."Hansen said,"Togo was worried."Spits said."I really was!"Togo said,hugging my arm."I'm fine,I was just...thinking."I said,"do you miss your family?"Togo asked."Well it's not just that."i said,"then what is it?"Hansen asked."Leave her be Hansen,maybe she doesn't want to tell us."Lola said,I looked down."I dated this guy,I'm not even sure we're still dating,he really cared about me."I began to say,they all looked at me."His name is Brian,he lied to me.he didn't tell me he was a cop,I'm not even sure he actually loved me."i said,"Oh Casey..."Lola said.she hugged me,i clenched my hand into a fist,trying to hold back any tears that were going to roll down my cheeks.