Chapter 39

Casey's pov
As I parked near the beach I saw Dom,I happily ran towards him but stopped when I saw Brian.he looked so,different.his curls were gone,but it was like he was still same old Brian."Good to see you again Casey!"Mia happily said,hugging me.i was confused as I hugged Mia back,"ok I have two questions Dom:one,why is he here?"I asked as I pointed at Brian."He's gonna help us."Dom answered,well that answered my second question about why Mia was here.

Dom hugged me,"i missed you Casey."he said.i hugged him back,"I missed you too Dom."i said."wow Casey you've changed a lot!"Mia said,i knew she was probably kidding.besides cutting my hair I didn't grow at all,and my style didn't change at all."you look good."Brian said,"you look different."i said.he chuckled,"so what's going on?what's the plan?"I asked Dom."We're going to find out who murdered Letty."Dom said,"Letty was murdered?"I asked."That's the theory."Mia said,I scratched the back of my neck."Well...let's think about this for a minute,who would have it out for Letty?"I asked,"She's right,whoever murdered Letty must've done it as revenge."Brian said.

"Guys is it ok if I talk to Casey alone for a bit?I mean I know we're trying to find out who killed Letty but I just need to talk to Casey about something."Mia asked,"sure thing Mia."Dom said.Mia grabbed my wrist and led me away from Dom and Brian,"what's up?"I asked."what's up with you?"she asked,I looked away."You're still mad at him,aren't you?"she asked,i clenched my hand into a fist."I am!"I nearly yelled,Mia jumped a bit."I...I'm sorry."I said,calming down a bit."It's just...he didn't tell me..."I trailed off,I still The remember the day Brian revealed he was an undercover cop:that was the day everything went wrong.i placed my hand on Jesse's bandana,"I get it Casey,I really do.But you have to learn to move on,you know this."she said.i didn't say a word,Mia sighed.

"Before Dom called you Brian and I had a chat."she began to explain,"I told him that you came back to LA because you missed me,but also you left LA because you thought you needed change in your life."this was all true:but I mainly left because I thought it could help me forget about Brian."It...It hurts to try to forget him,no matter how hard I tried...I just couldn't."i said,tears rolled down my cheeks.Mia wiped my tears,"Mia I still love him,but I just don't know if I'm ready to talk to him."I admitted."It'll be ok Casey,and you know what?"she said,"what?"I asked."He missed you too and he still loves you too."she said,"really?"I asked.she nodded,I looked at Brian who was talking to Dom."You know what I just realized?"I said,"What?"Mia asked.i looked at her,"I never told Dom about me and Brian."i said.