Chapter-1:- Two wrongs make no right(Past)

Everybody loves Saturday it's the first day of the weekend. The day you are allowed to sleep till noon after spending tireless weekdays. Everybody loves the weekend for different reasons. Students love it because no weekday means no assignments, no tests, and definitely no waking up at the crack of dawn so that you don't miss your school bus.

Harry would like to think he is different in that way, When he was five, he used to wake up on his own at the earliest without his mother waking him up which is quite literally the opposite of school days. He used to tease everyone, calling them lazy ones. He is always excited about weekends. He definitely does not need to sleep all day. He is always energetic, especially on Saturdays. Harry would like to think it's the Styles family tradition, every Saturday they plan picnics, a whole day out, driving out to different parks, eating all the delicious food, their favorite with lots of chocolates and pies. He loves Anne's pies. Even though they don't exactly start their day till the afternoon, you can't blame Harry to be up and about since the morning. He told you he is an energetic kid.

They go out all four of them, his dad brings him to the best places, his mother cooks only his favorites, Gemma always whines about Harry being their favorite not her, and Harry like the brat he is, always told her she is adopted. Gemma would always argue back then that she is the better Styles. They would bicker to no end. Well, there ain't no love like the sibling's love. He felt loved and truly understood this happiness, this is love. Our family is love.

If you ask him now, he would tell you, it all started a year later after everything was perfect in his life until it wasn't anymore. The hushed arguments late at night, not even looking at each other when in one room, no more family day outs, same reason again and again.

Harry, love, I have extra work, I can't make it this weekend.

It's what his dad would tell him. He believed him of course cause isn't it the one thing parents always told us. You should never lie. Lying is bad. Good boys never lie. There was no way his dad who taught him not to lie would ever do otherwise. Right?

So slowly the Styles tradition changed, he would still wake up early morning extremely happy with a glint in his emerald eyes thinking, maybe dad will show up today. Maybe we will go out today. But obviously, he never did. Anne would still cook his favorite meal, and still offer him to go to parks, but it was never the same. Anymore.

So he stopped waking up, he thought if he wouldn't wake up early, maybe he won't be this upset. Maybe one day his dad will show up and he will take them to the park. That never happened, the glint in his eyes started disappearing. He was no longer excited. He started sleeping till noon on Saturdays. He is not different anymore. He is like us. Lazy ones.

The fights were no more hushed whispers, it became loud, and both of them were not able to control themselves anymore, thinking the kids are asleep, sometimes they would shout and scream at each other.

It would always wake him up every time sleepy and scared. Nights are scary. He saw in the horror movie with Gemma once all ghosts come alive in the daytime. I am scared. Ghosts are scary. Nighttime means being scared. He would try to go back to bed, but he was a light sleeper he never could sleep with all these noises. He would be awake listening to all of it, wait for it to cool down, and then go back to sleep.

He realized later his ghost is nothing but his own parents fighting late at night, he never confronted them though, cause he didn't like his parents fighting, it made him upset, and also cause' he would think since we are all eating together, so it means, they solved it, his parents are ok again. Well, that's how it worked whenever he and Gemma would fight.

One day when his mother asked him, why are you, upset love?

He lied saying he didn't complete his assignment. He is upset the teacher would scold him in front of the class.

You should never lie. Lying is bad. Good boys never lie.

His mother told him then, to be honest, to tell his teacher why he couldn't do it. She even handed him a player saying whenever you're upset you can listen to your favorite music here, whatever you like. Good music can always change your mood.

It happened again late that same night, loud noises, ghosts are here, I am scared. He did what his mother told him, he took out his player, and played his favorite music.

Isn't she lovely?
Isn't she wonderful?

Oh well, he is a Stevie fan. Don't mind him.

Isn't she lovely?
Life and love are the same

Stevie helped him lull back to sleep every night his parents woke him up.

One fine day, when he woke up, he didn't feel good, there was something about the day that made him want to go back to sleep to forget this day. It was in the way, his mother didn't come to wake him up on a school day, or when he went down the stairs to check nobody even noticed he missed his school. What he saw downstairs instead was his mother crying, his sister in the corner shocked and his dad gone.

He thought dad always comes back when his work is done. He tried to cheer them up. Come on mom, dad is busy he needs to work. He will be back for our picnic day. His mother held him tight while they cried together. And just like that, he was scared again.

Movies are wrong, you don't always get scared at night you can get scared in bright daylight even when you are wrapped up by your mother.

Weeks after weeks passed his dad never returned.

When he was older the teacher asked them to write an essay about love. So when he sat and tried to think about love, all he remembered was being scared, how his dad will never return how he will never be happy again. he would never understand why his parents don't see each other anymore. Parents are supposed to be always there for us, they make us happy, take us to parks like we used to do, parents are perfect, our family was love.

But it never was, was it? It felt like a good dream he woke up from now this is his reality his imperfect life.

Love is a good dream and we live in reality.

So he willed himself to remember one thing that day, what his parents taught him cause Harry always listens to his parents they will always be perfect for him

Love is a myth

And since Harry Styles never forgets anything since he used to be praised for always remembering he knew he would never forget this.

--------------------------------------------------

This book will contain two parts, Past and Present and they will be marked in the chapter name, the odd chapter number will be for past and even chapter number for present.

Past and present indicate incidents before and after Harry's accident. 

Like the continuation of this chapter will be in chapter 3(past), and continuation of chapter 2 in chapter 4(present). It's the way I decided to let you know what happened before the accident.  Just like this please look into alternate chapters for context. 

Hope I didn't make it confusing. Feel free to let me know. 

Thank you for supporting this book. ❤️❤️