Chapter 5:- I'll let you decide(Past)

We all love romantic comedies, some just openly admit it, and some just hide thinking others will think it's too cliche or their choice is not cool enough. It's another thing about humans, they always try to blend in, not to be too different, maybe they don't want to be judged or perhaps they give more importance to being accepted, even if it means forgetting their own self. So yeah no matter what psychologists tell you, humans are far from being aggressive, or violent, their first instinct is always to be defensive so that they are never left alone, loneliness is what drives us, the fear of it, and honestly what more can you expect from a creature whose natural instincts are, Fear, Anxiety, Frustration, Depression, Guilt.

If our life really was a romantic comedy, wouldn't it be better, to have amazing friends, meet the love of your life at 16, have a moment of realisation, move in together with your dream jobs and obviously, to top it all, Happily Ever After. But where is the fun in that right? maybe that's why the movie ends and your life doesn't. Actually, your real life starts where the movies end.

Harry didn't know about the end, but yeah something definitely started for him, when he finally came face to face with Jesus, well Harry's Jesus, Zayn for us. That's what he heard people around Zayn call him, he saw Zayn get a drink when he was directly in front of him, and Harry didn't want to stand like an idiot so he got a drink too, they then caught each other's eye for what felt like a long time, he felt his skin prickle, and it was definitely not because of the fluid and drugs in his system, Zayn's smile turned into a subtle shyness like he was thinking about something, but he didn't say anything, so Harry tried to break the silence.

"Nice party, right?"

Nice party seriously, what happened to your social skills.

"And nice drink", Zayn said raising their glasses together, with an amusing smile, like he knew how cliche Harry's line was but he still decided to play along and Harry felt a smile creep up to his face with just that thought.

"So, you a freshman too?"

Well obviously he is a freshman that's why he is at this party duh, I swear, I am better at interacting with people than this.

"Wait don't answer that 'course you are?"

Zayn chuckled, well at least my misery is amusing to someone.

"I will do you one better, I am from around here, Bradford actually, so yeah "

"Oh, I just moved here, yesterday more like", Harry said relaxing a bit.

"Hmm, and yes the party is nice, but I am not actually a party person though."

"Yet you are at a party", Harry retorted.

"Well I am a weird person, I will have you know."

All the while Zayn had this smile on his face, this likeness surrounding him, like he could talk all day and you would willingly listen, well part of the reason is his accent. Definitely.

"Weird is better than,

All of a sudden, Allison came in front of Harry probably searching for him after he so conveniently disappeared.

Oh god, how could I forget her?

"Hi, babe, you left I thought you went to get more drinks," she said securing her hand around Harry's neck and he felt so unbelievably uncomfortable like maybe he just wanted to get away from her.

I cannot believe I actually am thinking this just moments later. Something is definitely wrong with me. Jesus.

"Yes," Zayn replied all of a sudden and Harry couldn't help but giggle at that.