Chapter 8:- I know I'm always in my head(Present)

There are so many things said about dreams, why we have them, or what it's trying to convey to us. Sleep experts would tell you dreams are just hallucinations that we have during our sleep. Dreams don't make sense 'cause they believe it's the emotional centre of our brain that triggers them. Well, emotions aren't supposed to be logical.

Everyone has their own definition of a dream, Harry used to believe, that it's our only ticket to being at two places at one time. Being asleep in your comfy bed, while you are awake in your dream at a different place, that stems from your thoughts.

He read it once, and Turner said it too.

A lot of people tell me I'm a bit dreamy. But I like the idea of that. Of being somewhere else.

And well isn't it cool, being at two places at the same time?

As a kid, Harry used to be fascinated by the same idea, he never bothered about the meaning behind his dreams.

Even now as a proud survivor of a very fatal accident, he doesn't put much thought onto them. Dreams in which every time there are two people talking about tattoos and poems. If it doesn't make sense to him, he just drops thinking about them after some time.

That's what he tells himself, he is healing and maybe these weird dreams will go away when he is hundred per cent recovered. Till then he just enjoys it.

Two places at one time.

The thing is sometimes Harry can be a bit too much oblivious. He tried to impress Zayn with the lines he remembered from his dream, saying it would be nice to complete his poem, when Zayn abruptly ended the call, saying he is busy he doesn't bother thinking about it too. When he doesn't contact Harry for a whole week, he actually believes what Zayn tells him, that he is busy, he has to work after all.

It was when Harry and Lex were hanging out when he saw Zayn again. Lex wanted to meet up, and they were discussing how if he doesn't come up with anything for his next novel soon, he sure is getting fired, so Lex was trying to calm him down by saying, of course, he would, trying to motivate him out of his miserable condition.

Harry looked up and he saw Zayn at another table Harry smiled but the smile soon faded when he saw Zayn wasn't alone, but instead, he was with some girl, and they were both smiling at each other, and Harry's mood got worse. The girl was smiling and laughing at something Zayn was saying and Harry knows he shouldn't feel this but he was jealous.

That's my place.

So before he could think about his actions he was already moving through the tables and standing right in front of Zayn's table, Zayn looks at him perplexed as if he wasn't expecting to meet with Harry like this. It angered him more, but he still tried to play it cool and said.

"Hi, Zayn nice seeing you here."

Zayn still shocked greeted him and Harry invited himself to join them. The atmosphere was suddenly awkward at the table, but the girl tried to ignore Harry and continued talking to Zayn.

Zayn was answering her whenever required, looking at Harry its when she started being flirty and Harry couldn't handle it more, so he acted on impulse yet again, and entwined his hands with Zayn on the table, and said.

"Sorry, actually we have plans, Zayn still owes me ice cream," he said smiling at Zayn.

The girl finally took the hint and went away saying they will catch up soon, but Harry wasn't listening anymore when Zayn said.

"Harry, what was that?"

That seemed to do the trick and he was out of whatever jealous trance he was in and it started hitting him what he just did. Zayn may hate him for it, he just ruined his date, with someone he liked and Zayn will definitely hate him but not as much as he hates himself at the moment. So to save himself from the embarrassment of Zayn shouting and saying he doesn't want to see Harry ever again, he got out of his seat and exited the diner as soon as he can ignoring the calls from both Zayn and Lex.