Chapter 16:- But both of us just have to care(Past)

The human mind is the biggest enigma truly, this small organ controls your world. Many psychoanalysts across the world say, they will never be able to understand it fully, but it's true your world is what you think about it. Even though this might feel like a simple sentence but your mind controls you. It's power is limitless.

If you make yourself believe you are the happiest person in the world despite nothing going even remotely right in your life, you will most definitely be happy in spite of everything. One might question then if all the anxiety or insecurities sometimes people feel, is because we want to feel it or because we are actually anxious then.

Confused? Paradox?

Maybe that's why the human mind is never truly comprehensible. But one thing stands. Your thoughts create your world, and if it does why are we not able to push negative thoughts away? Maybe not everyone is strong enough.

But that's not Harry, he can make himself believe that everything is good, he just thinks it enough until the illusion comes true, that's how he deals with negative thoughts. He believes his life is just too perfect.

Nothing ever is too perfect but, isn't it? Too perfect is an illusion like a mirage in a desert, alluring you towards them only to be met with disappointment.

Zayn tells him the next morning, how he talked to his dad and finally, took Harry's advice. It took all his nerves but he did it, he told his dad, that he wants to pursue art and not business like him.

That was the first time when Harry thought his life is too perfect, Zayn opening up to him, taking his advice, and following his dream. He was so happy to even notice Zayn wasn't. There was something in his eyes, something Harry couldn't understand.

He should have when Zayn didn't hold his hand when he was talking, he should have when Zayn was actually sitting far away from him, he should have when Zayn hugged him with only his one arm, like he does with his friends, not with Harry, because he gets his bear hug, engulfed by Zayn. But he was too happy to notice, basking in the fact Zayn told him first, even before Lex, she is closest to Zayn after all.

The second time he thought his life was too perfect was when Zayn gifted him a dog, and to say that Harry was elated would be an understatement, he always wanted a dog, but he couldn't get one because the landlord back at his house didn't like them. This was what Harry had told him, and Zayn bought him one saying since they moved to a new house now Harry could take the dog with him.

Harry played with the dog all day and at the end when the dog started getting pouty too, Zayn joked,

"Great, you ruined Bark, now whenever I will look at him, it will remind me of you."

Yeah, Bark was the name Harry decided on, because he thinks that's a very original name for a dog.

Despite Zayn's protests, Harry didn't back down. So Bark is his name. Harry grinned when Zayn caved because he knew just like him Zayn couldn't say no to Harry too.

Zayn gifted him Bark, saying it's his, but Harry shrugged looking at Zayn with his big green eyes and asking "Can it be ours?"

Zayn had just smiled at the question. "Yes, he is ours."

Ours. There is something about referring to them as Ours like they are two parts of the same whole. Like it's just them in the world. Well not anymore.

It's Zayn, Harry and Bark. Bark is theirs. Together.

The only bump in his seemingly perfect life comes when he visits his mother for the weekend, he was very excited about meeting his Mum since they barely get to talk because of high school. It was fun, his mood soaring until he came back and Luke told him about this sick party which Harry didn't really pay attention to until,