Harry's House

When I was younger my father used to read me stories. When I grew older I realised the stories that made me happy ended sadly. My dad used to make up happy endings for me. But I as a child was extremely furious so I confronted my dad. He just smiled and said, stories can be whatever you want them to be. It's the one thing that's not definitive. It's your imagination, and your efforts so you have all the right to decide how it ends. There really is no such thing as an ending he told me it's just where you stop turning the page and for me, it was whenever I saw the smile on your face. And I would do anything for that smile.

So that's how I became obsessed with happy endings and the smile on your face was my reward. When I didn't get the desired end I wrote one for myself. I kept writing till someone was smiling at the end of my story. But when he left I realised it was my own smile that was missing and no amount of good endings could change that. I tried so hard to keep him in my life but we weren't ready then. So I stopped let him go. Still, there was a selfish part of me that hoped every song he hears reminds him of me. That every night he lays awake and doesn't know why, the answer is me. This is the part that hopes whenever he sees a shooting star. It's my face that flashes right in front of his eyes. Because we didn't have cards, letters or flowers tucked inside our favourite books. No movie tickets or first dates. He was in my heart and I was his hope. You can't go without them. We were like the bruise that would never heal. The dark night after a bright morning. We were everything that's wrong in the world until we turned into everything that is right for each other.

As I write this ending I know I am smiling because this is not the ending I wrote. It's not imaginary and it's not only my efforts. It's ours. Because you are my heart and I am your hope. The one who made me believe I don't need a house when you are my home.

--Harry Styles-Malik
(Excerpt from the book Harry's House)

-----------------------------------------

This is the end of the book. I am a little overwhelmed now that it has ended. Thank you all for supporting this book. Thank you for all the reads, comments and votes. It is my first book so it will always be special to me. Please let me know what you all thought about this story. I love reading your views.