Chapter 3:- At least we tried(Past)

High school is exciting. You are too young to think about the future in primary and then too busy to secure your "future" in university. That's why High school is a turning point in everyone's life, where you are not carefree anymore and the end of your senior year will decide what your future will look like. Which more or less can be divided into following your passion or if you are privileged enough, work in your dad's company. Well, obviously we start our high school thinking we are gonna enjoy the fullest before we have to be adults because let's admit it, turning 24 is not going to magically tell you what you want in your life. Adult life sucks.

When Harry moved to Bradford for his studies, he thought the same, to just enjoy, do whatever he feels like just for the sake of it. When he arrived at Bradford high school, all he wanted was to make the coming years memorable, to make the ride worth it. Well, spoiler alert he did succeed, High school really was the turning point of his life, a memorable experience, for more reasons than he could have thought at that time.

As he drove to the unknown place away from his homeland, and said goodbyes to his family with a quick hug to Anne, and Gemma. Anne told him to be good, Gemma like the best friend she is, told him to be as bad as he can be this is, it's your chance. Harry laughed at that, and since we always do follow what our best friends tell us he obviously fully intended to listen to his sister.

He enters the gates of Bradford High, and he feels ecstatic, New place, New beginnings. That's what this new place symbolises for him. Bradford, as far as he has seen, the chimneys of the industries and victorian structures that seems to be touching the sky, but still with enough greenery, beautiful mountains, beautiful place. It really is a sight to behold. He quickly checks the allotment list he sees he has been allotted room no. 25, and he will be rooming with someone named Luke. He tosses his bag on the wooden bed on the right. Well, it's no surprise he is the first to arrive he's always early, Harry doesn't like to be late.

The classes start on Monday, and apparently there is a tradition at Bradford High to throw a party for the freshmen, so obviously Harry had to go and get shit-faced, Well can't say no to tradition. He arrived at the party fashionably late, in his tight jeans, black t-shirt, and Chelsea boots, he brushed his curls by throwing them on my face and styling them back, tried to look his best, well first impression and everything and then he quickly started following his plan.

Plan to get shit-faced in motion.

Both Harry and Luke were already on their second glass in no time, while Harry was scanning the room, the party was as rager as Harry thought, and everyone around were attractive, all the girls were gorgeous in their dresses and so were the boys.

"So Harry do you like anyone", Luke asked downing his third one and draping his arm around Harry.

"No, I, "

"Oh wait, do you have a girlfriend, is that it?"

Harry hesitated, "Oh I, umm, I am not a relationship type of guy"

Luke chuckled "Well great, neither am I, no matter how good it is, it comes with an expiration date anyway, so why waste your time, on something that's gonna end one day anyway, being single is so much fun."

"Yeah definitely", Harry never really wanted to be in a serious relationship anyway because Luke was right, no matter how amazing it feels, it's gonna end someday, you are gonna get tired of each other, realize what we called love, was just a mere attraction, which when carried forward turns into a responsibility, the idea of being together. he is too well aware of that, you are gonna be left alone, with no one to go to. To pick up your pieces so why bother, the pain it's not worth it.

But he is not a player too, he never led any of them on, always made sure to convey he is not looking for anything serious, he could never see himself as a boyfriend, it was too much of a responsibility, caring, so he just believed in living in the moment,

The music was still loud when suddenly his eyes fell upon a girl near the bar, her pale skin, red top and tight skirt, and blonde hair. Her eyes were blue, her dress hug her in all the right places. She was standing there with her group of friends very subtle trying to look in Harry's way, hmm maybe she is interested.

He decided to approach her while Luke cheered for him. Well he didn't need it, he had his own way of approaching a lady, I can be charming when I want to be, like saying the cheesiest lines but still have them swoon over-him-charming, flirting was something that came naturally to him, he always was cheeky that way.

But the most important rule is to always be respectful and a gentleman. That was what Gemma always told him.

He went over to her, to greet her, "Hi",

She smiled back, "Hi, would you like a drink?"

"Definitely do, what would you like to have?", he offered.

"I would like wine please."

"Wine it is", he smiled with his dimples, and she blushed, see, I told you I can be charming when I want to be, they excused themselves to get the wine from the bar, when she turned to Harry,

"So cute boy, what's your name"

"I am Harry, and you?"

"Allison"

"Nice name"

After a couple of drinks, "Would you like to dance?" Allison said as she held his arm and started moving them towards the dance floor.

They were all over each other then, on the dance floor, with high bass, loud music blaring through the room, as she held him by the arms and his hands on her waist moving to the beat. She then started grinding against me and I was a little too tipsy by then. I liked where it was going. After dancing for a while and becoming sweaty, they decided to move out where the temperature was rather cool. Luke comes to him then, "Do you want to have more fun?", he says showing him some crystals and placing them on their palms.

"What are these?", he asked raising his eyebrows,

Luke just giggles and shoves one of them in his own mouth then whispers like its a secret,

"MDMA".

When Harry looks around he sees almost everyone is trying one or the other drug, he hadn't used before but since it's a new experience, he shrugs why not?. He plops one in his mouth.

An hour later he is just more than tipsy with all the alcohol and dancing, everything feels so much better when you're inebriated like you can fly, fly so high never touch the ground, its euphoric is what it is, you can feel the beats of music vibrating through your skin, surreal like you're invincible and nothing can touch you.

All the dancing got to him, they were both being so touchy, Harry was aroused too, so he placed his hands on her waist bringing her closer as if there was any space between them, and as he was going to kiss her, could feel her breathe on his skin when he opened his eyes to remove her hair from her shoulder. From the corner of his eyes, he saw something and stopped, fuck I have never seen anyone as beautiful as this person.

He saw someone, with a leather jacket, blonde hair, his face was shining in the dim lights of the bar, the lights hitting at all the right places, fuck he felt like,

"I think I saw Jesus" he said hurriedly.

"What", Allison opened her eyes, shocked.

Harry was already, pushing past people even before replying to her, feeling excited and curious, with only one thing on his mind,

I saw Jesus. Fuck.