Chapter 11:- Hurts me when I think about it(Past)

You know the one thing that hurts the most, Rejection. Yeah, that word, and there are infinite sayings about it, how it's a positive thing, how there is something better for you, you just got to try harder, try again. Yeah, all that and to top it all, that rejection means now you can move forward, look ahead, actually all those are same, every single saying, putting this hope in you, with one underlined meaning, you deserve better.

But one thing nobody ever questions is, maybe I don't want better, maybe I just want the one that I am putting my heart and soul into achieving. So no matter what you read.

Rejection Sucks.

Harry did question it, and after Zayn left him hanging after their kissing session, which felt like he was on cloud nine, and if you told him, he deserves better, even if Harry practices kindness, he will punch you.

Because for the first time in his life he wanted something, no scratch that he needed something, someone and that person has just rejected him.

Harry is not used to being rejected by someone he took interest in ever so obviously it disturbs him much more than he thought it would. But at least Harry got one thing from this rejection.

Clarity.

It was crystal clear to him that Zayn didn't want him, he didn't feel anything for him.

Maybe clarity is not always a good thing.

And now Harry is sure he lost him as a friend too. Zayn won't ever look at him.

Ugh, I ruined it all.

Harry should be shocked but he really isn't, when Zayn doesn't even show up at their lunch breaks, or even in the common room where he used to meet Zayn. Harry really feels bad now and he wants to apologise but obviously, he can't because Zayn won't even look at him, he is sure even if they do meet.

When Harry has decided, that he is finally going to complete his assignments that have passed their due date now, he really needs to concentrate, so he opens his books and notes.

"You are going to the party tomorrow right?" Luke says.

"Huh, what party?"

"Hazza don't tell me, you don't know, where were you busy, it's not like you study."

Busy finding Zayn to apologise.

Obviously, he doesn't say, that instead, he tries to conjure a fake dramatic look. "Ouch, that was harsh. Shut up and tell me"

"Some seniors managed to get the place for a pool party. Don't ask me how I don't know."

Well, so much for concentrating on assignments, he closes the books and turns to Luke. This was what he needed, a distraction before he explodes. But before he can agree Luke says.

"Zayn, Lex, and Nick are gonna be there too, so you gotta come too."

Zayn.

Harry just sighs he knows Zayn wouldn't want him there. He would run off just like he has been doing these past few days.

"I can't sorry, headaches."

Luke never takes no for an answer that's one thing he has learnt from sharing his room with him but he also knows Luke is very familiar with his headaches, about how he can't sleep at night. So he doesn't push it.

Luke just smiles and Harry turns and reopens his books.

The next day when Harry finally sees Zayn, it's at their usual spot at lunch, Harry almost jumps up at the sight of him, how much he missed him. Zayn gives out a smile to the group before joining them, but Harry knows it's fake. There is only one seat empty by the time Zayn shows up and it's beside him, so Zayn hesitantly takes it.