Chapter 6:- To leave my life outside(Present)

When Harry was younger he used to think emotions were futile they are not supposed to last forever, especially love, it burns out, and you can't love someone forever.

Love is a myth.

He used to think no matter how much two people are in love with each other today, tomorrow as the sun rises it's going to be a new day, a new start, and well when we always get bored from our day-to-day life and our 9-5 jobs even if it keeps us alive, why won't anyone get bored of loving the same person every day, after all, love doesn't feed us or gives us oxygen and definitely no living out of it. It's an emotion, it is bound to burn out.

Thinking how he chose a living writing love stories about people falling in love and making it through to the end of the line. Just making people realise we can make it if we try and actively participating in fuelling his reader's fantasy about happy endings, he just knows his younger self must hate him for the hypocrisy of it all.

Harry always writes a novel with a happy ending, whether it's about two young best students in school, a divorced couple finding a way back to each other, or two singers who had everything but couldn't be with someone they loved. All of them had something in common. Harry always tried to convey one significant thing, you can make it if you try if you fall in love with your best friend tell them, If love is still ever connecting two people no divorce can change that, if you are a singer who has it all at the end of the day you would want someone who'd be there even when you have none of it all.

If you can't be together, if you need space, just give it time.

Time and effort are all that matters.

If you love them tell them.

If only someone could tell him what changed his views.

Even if Harry remembers defining love as a myth or a dream that will end eventually, there is no reality without love, he believes that now, maybe he doesn't know the reason why, but the belief is there.

Love is a beautiful dream.

We should dream it makes living worthwhile.

As Harry wanders around in his apartment, there are still remnants of the dream he had about two people talking something about Pink Floyd and tattoos in the back of his mind, like the thought just stuck, with the ever so familiar and annoying feeling like it's trying to tell him something, which he yet again dismisses with the thought that he is actually going crazy. It was a miracle he survived, after all.

He keeps looking at himself in the mirror, actually trying to make sense of his tattoos so that he doesn't go crazy but no matter how much he stares at them, his mind comes up with nothing.

Why do I have a skull? A black heart? Prism?

There are just so many of them and no answers.

If only my tattoos could talk.

He heaves out a loud sigh, finally giving up. He starts browsing through his phone to distract himself, and that's when he notices Zayn's name in his contacts.

I met him yesterday. We had coffee. We exchanged numbers.

An involuntary smile crept up on his face. Thinking about Zayn, thinking about something he remembers and mentally thanks him for changing his brooding mood. He remembers.

There is no way I could ever forget Zayn.

He didn't forget Zayn so maybe he is not going to be a total lunatic yet, there is a sane part left. That's a relief.