chapter 2

Violet's pov

Finally arriving at school, I can see some teenagers outside talking with friends or waiting for them to show up to school, everyone has at least one person with them. I on the other hand try to blend in and pull my hoodie up more to cover my face and neck, making my way to my locker without running into anyone who bullies me, which is basically most popular people.

After successfully making it to my locker, I try to open it, but my full body is pushed into it. I can feel the people in the hall look my way and then I hear the one voice that always makes my day. Note the sarcasm.

"Look who we have here, little miss homeless loser!" Britany- the schools slut, says while her three little minions start to laugh, I stay quiet, I usually don't until she does something really bad and plus it's fun when she gets all annoyed that I don't reply like everyone else speaking to her.

"Speak to me, you pathetic bitch!" Britany yells, and goes to hit me, I catch her wrist and slightly push her back, she then goes to bunch me but before she can I have her on the ground and land two solid bunches one to the nose and the other on her eye.

Just after I punched her the second time the bell goes to signal the first period, I get up and quickly get my books from my locker and head to my first class not looking behind me.

I sit in my seat at the back next to the window, not paying attention, these classes I find very boring and easy. Halfway into the lesson Britany and her three minions walk into class, Britany with a nosebleed and a little bruising near her eye, with her giving me a death glare, I smirk on the inside seeing the damage I did to her with just two hits.

Ten minutes into the second period I got called to the principal's office and I was kinda waiting for him to call me in and have a little 'chat' about Britney's new look. Walking into the office the door was already open, so I just go straight in, I have been here quite a bit because I talk back to teachers or things like what happened to Britany.

Walking in I see Chris or Mr Moore sitting at his desk, he looks kinda sad and my interest is immediately peaked, he normally looks either annoyed or happy, so this was completely different. I don't see the two police officers standing near the wall or the woman standing near them. I sit in the chair and just look at Chris for a moment before I decide to speak.

"If this is about Britany's new look it wasn't my fault, but she deserved it, I was just defending myself, she pushed me into a locker and then tried to hit me!" I say while giving small hand gestures, Chris is the only person that would come close to a friend or hell even a father figure.

He gives a small chuckle while looking down again after looking at me, he says 'no' shortly after and suddenly becomes more serious, I try to wrack my brain for anything else that I did to make him this serious but come up with nothing.

"Umm, violet your-your parents were shot in the street in a drive-by shooting" Chris says looking very apologetic, he looks down a little then would look up at me while saying it.

I just sit there letting it sink in, after like a solid two minutes it finally does and I don't know how to feel, I mean should I be happy that their finally gone because then I won't have to look after them but I also won't have a placed to sleep, I mean I don't have anybody else, they were all I had. After I had just sat there in silence for five minutes, Chris says that the officers behind me will take me home to get some stuff and then to the station to see if I have anyone willing to take me in.