Chapter 102

Violet's pov

"no, that's not right. You want to go from bottom to top and then go again to make sure everything is correct" Elijah says as calmly as normal

He, Lorenzo and Alessandro have been teaching me the ins and outs of the business, well all businesses and so far I'm kind of confused. I mean some of these things are so outdated and apparently they do things differently just so if on the off chance someone was able to get into their system nothing would make sense, at least straight away if they were smart enough.

Personally, I don't know why they don't get the best hacker they can to build their firewalls so that way there won't even be a chance that someone could get In. but hey that's just me.

They have all been teaching me for about a week and a half and while there is a lot to learn, there also isn't that much because I already know some things.

It all started a couple of days after Theo's family left, I was so bored because there was nothing I could find to do. I tried to read but I couldn't focus on what was happening, same with a movie and everything else I could think of.

I even went as far as baking a bunch of things, which was good In theory but half of the things were either overcooked or under cooked, the other half was okay but it was gone that night when everyone had discovered that I had made, even some of the bad ones were eaten before I ultimately had to throw them out.

So finally after spending days bored out of my mind, I begged my brothers to help me learn everything about the business, they were very reluctant at first, asking why I even wanted to know and I simply said it was because I was so bored and this would give me something to do while also have a fail-safe if something were to happen to all three of them plus whichever cousins knew how to run things.

And while I didn't tell them the full truth about why it was still true. So what if while I was thinking, trying to fill my day that I had a crazy thought. Nothing would come of it, so there wasn't really a reason for me to tell them.

Even if that thought has been playing around in my head like a roller coaster since I've had it.

"why must you do things so weirdly?" I ask half half-whining

"We weren't the ones who came up with this, it was Grandpa, we've just never thought we've needed to change it." Elijah says shrugging while looking over my shoulder still

"Just because something works well doesn't mean it can't be better" is all I say before going back to what I was doing, fixing up any mistakes I made along the way

It takes roughly an hour of going through multiple scenarios when I finally am not only able to do the task but be good at it. That is basically what my days consist of now, finding a new task I don't know how to do and then not only being able to do it but being able to do it better than normal people. And that was my request, not theirs, because I don't want to have to keep on working on things for years when I can learn from my family in a couple of months. Yes, it's more annoying to them but they get it and if all three of my older brothers are busy then I go to my cousins, at least the ones that actually work for the mafia and they are happy to help. But on the chance that they aren't available either then Grandpa shows me, which is mostly just small things he knows how to do because apparently Alessandro and Dad changed a lot of things when they both took over the mafia.

it was a month later, and I knew almost everything to do with the business even when I desperately wanted to do things differently I stuck with it and learnt everything I could about it.

Everyone could see when I sometimes really wanted to do things differently but they never commented on It, instead they gave me an encouraging smile, so I ground my teeth and continued on.

Which brings me to me right now. Everyone is sitting in the living room discussing the final details of the house, mostly it's just a lot of bickering. I'm outside taking deep breaths trying to gain the courage I need to do what I have planned.

Taking one last deep breath I walk into the living room, looking over all of their faces as one by one they all stop what they are doing and look at me with varying levels of concern and confusion.

Before they have a chance to question what I'm doing I blurt out the thought that has been going relentlessly through my head since I've been back and have healed.

"I'm starting my own mafia" 

. ☾ . 

it's finally finished!!!! 

I know it is kind of short but I didn't want to make the last chapter big. 

anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed reading my darling violet, I had fun writing it.

thank you so much for reading and for all of the support you gave me. 

if you have any questions about anything write them here and I'll try and answer all of them