Chapter 56

Violet's pov

2 years later

Finally, after almost 2 years I can go back to school full time, Alessandro said that even though nothing has happened we would be a fool to go back to the way things were happening. And while I'm glad I'm alive and all it has been hell. I could barely go outside, even in our backyard and even if I was there had to be three guards near me and one of my brothers had to be able to see me.

I'm pretty sure the only reason for letting me go back to school full time is because it's my last year and he has a lot more of our people there than just three like the last time I was there. I can't wait to go to school, although almost everyone has graduated, the only people left are Bruno and Matias. Everyone else graduated pretty much the first year I was there.

So now the whole family is working in the mafia before they would just help out because of school and the sports and things that people had but now that they don't have any of that they fill their time by working with the big bros. the other upside of them not having to do school is they can spare with me and give me pointers, which I have pretty much all taken so my fighting style is a really big mix of everything. It's almost like if everyone in the family were to fight and then their fighting be made into a person, I would be that person. And that's amazing because they can never tell when I'm going to strike and where.

With that said I have beaten Julian, Tye, Jake, Noah, Ashton, Zaid, Quinn and Will and I do every time we spare and I have also beaten Matthew, Bruno, Antonio, Amadeo, Alonzo, Aurelio, Romeo, Gabriel and even once I beat Andrea and Andrew. Everyone else has a little bit of an advantage being they have been fighting for as long as they have been alive but hey at least I can take some people on.

Oh and I also beat Matias now, it took so long but I now understand his fighting style, he is a little like mine and all over the place but not as diverse since then he has been working harder to make sure people can't see his next moves.

Sarah and I have become close, she is the only friend I really have made besides my brother's friends. She comes over pretty much every day after school and most of the time on the weekends. Though I think it's only because she feels pity for me having to stay inside 24/7 that she comes over as often as she does. I mean when she first started coming it was only after school except for Friday because she had to go to her grandparents for dinner. I really don't care if she feels pity for me because she gives the house some entertainment.

The good news though it only took two years I finally don't have nightmares or flashbacks of my old life, I mean I still can't look at myself in the mirror but now I can finally have a nice and peaceful sleep. The last time I had a nightmare about my old life was months ago. When I woke up I was smiling so hard finally getting a good night's sleep for the first time in forever.

Talking about sleep Alessandro Elijah and Lorenzo still don't know when to work and when to sleep or even eat and basically take care of themselves, so every three days I force them to drop everything they are doing and they eat a full meal, have a shower and then sleep. There have been a couple of times where when I went to go check that they were sleeping I found them on their laptops or phones and doing work but I just took them and locked them in their room with a bowl of different food in the room in case they decide that they actually want to eat more. It has been working wat better because they aren't less cranky and they get more work done because their brain is actually alive.

Plus while they slept I have taken over doing their work, for like a week straight I wanted to know how to do everything they did so that when things were slow and they had just had a sleep one of them would teach me something. Now I know how to do everything they do but my brain isn't dead from sleep when I do their work. Most of the time though when I do their work when they're sleeping they think that they did it which is all fine and dandy but if their brain is that bad that they can't remember what they did then they should be getting more sleep.

I even tried to make it every two days but every time I went to go check on them they were awake and doing something, I even tried to use a drug or something to make them go to sleep, you know like in the movies but it was like they could just see that it was in there because they didn't even touch either the food or drinks I would put it in. then there was the fact that I would have to somehow carry them from where ever they are to their beds and for some reason I don't think they would want their people to see them knocked out so I just decided to physically push them when they are awake and conscious, at least slightly conscious.

It's almost like they know that I'm coming too because a couple of times I have come in and they are closing whatever they were doing and standing up to leave, with them looking ready for sleep.

But right now I am doing nothing, I just finished ordering my school things for this year and some new clothes, something I was doing a lot when I was stuck in the house. So my wardrobe is literally full. I do make sure though that the clothes I don't wear anymore I see if Sarah wants them and when she doesn't I give them to one of the guards to take them to a shelter or even multiple. He even passes some out when he sees a homeless woman. And He takes food and water plus some blankets because god knows that they never have enough of those.

I have school in a week and Sarah and I are so excited, we finally get to have a whole year where we get to be at school and hang out, luckily it's senior year and practically none of my family are there to make rules and make sure I follow them. The only downside is that I don't know who my family employs and who just works there. and also that Sarah still has no idea that we are a mafia... the two biggest mafias. There have been a couple of times where I came so close to telling her but I don't want her to freak out and tell people she shouldn't, which would then put all of our lives in danger including hers. 

. ☾ . 

I did say to prepare for the next chapter 

this is kind of just a filler chapter so you get information, also I don't know if this was said but Violet doesn't take training classes anymore, she has finished 

I know that I say this every chapter now but thank you so so much for 73k reads it makes me so happy that you guys are reading this and like it. 

happy easter to the people that celebrate it 

I hope you guys have a really good day/night