chapter 13

Violet's pov

We finished breakfast soon after and the whole poisoning thing was dropped after Xander explained that he was just looking at me to ask if we could hand out today. I don't really think that was the full reason, but I let it slide just this once.

But just as I was about to exit through the doors Alessandro called for me, I turned around after some debating. He could want to talk about so much like what happened last night.

It was just Elijah and Alessandro still sitting there the rest had gone. I look at both of them studying them to see if I could find out anything but no they both were a freaking brick wall giving off nothing except intimidation.

I really wanted to try and run now, they both were very intimidating. I've never seen Elijah this scary before, he's always looked like a giant teddy bear.

They were both looking at me just how I was with them, Alessandro and I locked eyes, him a blank sheet of green not giving away how he felt.

It would have made me Scared but I think he wouldn't hurt me and I've seen those looks growing up from my mother and Tim, he doesn't deserve to be called a father, he wasn't even my blood.

They kept looking at me not moving anything except their eyes so I started just so they would stop watching me.

"You wanted something, Alessandro?" I say as calm and innocent as possible, I don't want anything wrong to happen

They both seemed to snap out of just looking at me because they both straightened up and Alessandro cleared his throat.

"Yes, we wanted to tell you the rules now that you have steeled in more" his voice was a little softer when he was getting closer to the end of his sentence, his tone was only half emotionless, but it shows that he was trying.

I can tell that he barely shows emotion, I wouldn't be surprised if our brothers haven't seen most common emotions from him.

"Yeah, sure go ahead" I say sitting in my normal seat but with the chair more sideways so I can see both of them better.

"there pretty simple and most of these the boys have to follow too but you must follow them and if you break one then you will be punished, do you understand?" Alessandro asks his emotions all gotten sucked back in.

I was freaking out when he said punishment, were they the same as with mother and Tim or would these hurt less. I'm sure they could kill me if they were too hard and my body is still healing from the last beating.

I just simply nodded my head not really paying attention until he spoke again.

"1) respect your brothers or anyone older than you, I'm sure you know that already but we as a family take respect very seriously

2) no swearing, drinking, smoking or sex. You can date whoever you like but we want to at least meet them first, just to make sure they are good enough and won't hurt you

3) this one really is important, no going to the third floor, we have all our work there when we work from home and it's not really fun to be there

4) please dress appropriately around the house and outside, we have guards walking around the house as well as some of our collages and I'm sure you and them wouldn't want anything like that to happen

5) we prefer you answer verbally, it just shows us that you're understanding us properly

That's really all the house rules, we trust you enough to make sure you take care of yourself otherwise. There will be more rules for school too, do you understand?"