Chapter 29

Violet's pov

Today is the first day that I'm going to school and the only thing that makes me nervous is the guys keep on making these little remarks about school and what it's like for them. I'm just praying that they aren't in the spotlight, but knowing them, they are which honestly just fucks up my plan.

I was going to just try and blend in and if anyone gave me shit then I would handle it, but with my brother being popular I can't just blend in so I now have to deal with a lot more shit.

It is currently 6 am so I have to start getting ready, knowing how long it takes me to get ready. Peeling the warm blankets off me I reluctantly get out of bed and head to my wardrobe, trying to find an outfit.

I honestly wanna look good, but I want to be comfortable and not get detention on the first day for clothes (god knows I'm probably going to get detention for something else). I decide on a simple white shirt, with some jeans and my leather jacket, and to finish off the look I took some rings and a gold necklace.

 I decide on a simple white shirt, with some jeans and my leather jacket, and to finish off the look I took some rings and a gold necklace

I had a quick shower just washing my body before getting out and getting dressed, still not looking in the mirror. Only after I'm completely dressed do I turn around and my eyes go straight to the skin on my chest that is showing.

Knowing that it will take a while I get my phone and play some music before I start to try and hide the scars and bruises with makeup. It takes a full 30 minutes before all of them are covered pretty well so I just quickly do my face, adding some mascara and a little bit of highlighter in the corner of my eyes, and I start doing my hair.

Just simply brush it and curl it a little bit to put some of my curls back. Adding some deodorant and perfume and making sure I have all of my jewellery on I go to my bag and make sure I have the things I need, which is pretty much just 8 books, a couple of pens, some whiteout, an empty folder and a pencil in case.

Knowing that I now have everything I need I open my door and am flooded with the sound of my brothers talking. Yesterday the rest of the family went home after dinner so it was just us in the house again. I mean it will be a little annoying knowing that almost my whole family will be with me at school but I'm just trying to stay positive. At least I get to leave the house is the only thing I can come up with so far...

After finally walking down the never-ending stairs I get to the dining room and all of my brothers are sitting down either talking or just eating. I walk straight to my seat and just grab an apple, taking small bites.

Maybe like five minutes later Elijah spoke for the first time since I'd come in. "you guys might wanna go or you're going to be late"

As soon as he finished speaking, we all got up and started heading to the garage. Both of the boys just head to a car without talking, seeming like a zombie with how tired they look. Xavier got into the driver's seat with Xander in the passenger and I was stuck in the back, not even attempting to try and sit in the front.