Chapter 90

Violet's pov

"yes and then she said-"

"Violet are you okay in there" someone asks from my door, knocking slightly

Panicking I quickly take a glance at the time, crap its 9 am, Normally I would be out of my room by 6 am 7 at the latest, walking toward the door I take a quick look at Alex who is sitting on my bed looking at me with the same panic I'm sure is all over my face.

I quickly point to the bathroom door before putting my hand on the door. Alex gets what I'm telling him and almost runs off the bed and into the bathroom closing the door almost all of the way so no one can see into it.

Seeing that Alex is now hidden I open the door coming face to face with Elijah.

"hey sorry I didn't realise the time, I've just been doing um random things you know how I am" I try to say as normally as I can

"right well if you want some food I would come now before the twins eat all of it" he says only looking past me for a second sweeping the room

"yep let me just get my phone" I hurriedly walk to my bed and grab my phone but stop when I also see Alex's sitting right there, I grab it in my hand and act like I'm remaking my bed then slide it under my pillow hoping that Alex will be able to find it

Once that's all done I walk back over to Elijah who is still waiting for me at the door, but now with a curious look on his face. I just smile and walk out of my room closing the door behind me then walking down the stairs.

The smell of waffles and pancakes hit me when I get to the bottom, following the smell I walk into the dining room where almost everyone is sitting talking with each other. It's a wonder Alex and I couldn't hear it.

"sorry I'm late" I say to the people who are looking at me while sitting down

I start putting things on my plate while hoping Alex will come out so it looks natural not like we were together.

A slight tap on my arm gets me looking to my left and I see Matias sitting there, surprise floods through me. I haven't seen him since the day they rescued me. Alessandro thought that it should just be family until I could handle it. It didn't completely work out like that but I'm still glad to see him.

"hey how have you been?" he asks with slight concern in his voice

"I'm fine, just a little scrapes nothing I haven't had before, plus we've been too busy for me to do any real thinking. What have you guys been doing since you couldn't hang with us" I ask starting to eat my food

"Nothing really mostly just jobs for boss. I've been at home other than that, the guys came over maybe once but it wasn't the same without you guys" he rambles still looking at me

I have to force myself not to laugh and I don't i just smile.

"Well that sounds boring, all we've been doing is meeting after meeting and then some minor hacking on my part, everyone else was doing the important things" I explain only looking up when I notice someone walking into the room, seeing that it's Charles and not Alex.

With that we continued to eat in silence only talking about things randomly, normally we would talk for hours but I think I'm all talked out.

So once I'm finished with my food I stand up and grab my pate heading into the kitchen to wash it before heading upstairs to get changed. I'm way too tense and I need to relax and in my case, that means working out.

I'm just going to have to go slow.

Finally getting up to my room I don't bother looking through the room, I know Alex isn't here, his scent is still here but it's not as strong as it is when he is actually in the room. grabbing whatever workout clothes I find I quickly change into them only stopping when I see myself in front of the mirror.

You can see things, you can see some of the wounds, you can see old scars, new ones. Normally everyone wakes up at stupid o'clock and works out then so everyone should stay out of there for the rest of the day, meaning nobody should see anything.

I quickly put a big T-shirt over myself just in case I see someone going to the gym. Which isn't the case when I walk into the gym and see no one. the gym is empty, nobody in sight. It quiet just how I love it.

I take my shirt off put my water bottle to the side and go straight to the treadmill. Seeing as I have to take It easy I cant do the things I normally would do but I can run, just not as fast as normal. I make sure my music is playing loudly, not blasting it but loud enough I can hear it when I'm panting, or hitting the punching bag.

And that is exactly what I do for the next hour and a half.