chapter 7

I know this is early on in the book but do you want violet to have a love interest?

Violet's pov

Lorenzo and another guy that looks exactly like me just an older man version come out into the foyer, both with unreadable expressions. They both look straight at me.

The man that I didn't know had a very intimidating look on that kind of freaked me out, and he had a very muscular body you could see it threw his suit just like Lorenzo and Elijah, but somehow he was larger than both and that only made me want to leave more.

But against all instinct, I kept my head up and looked straight into his eyes keeping a blank look on my face and in my eyes, just like he has.

I could tell that he didn't expect that from me because he paused in his long stride for just a second if you weren't staring at him like I was you would have missed it. Watching this I internally smirked. I knew that I should've lowered my head like the monsters beat into me but I didn't, I want to leave that life away from me, I want to leave the past in the past, and I don't want to keep living in a nightmare.

"Bambina, I'm your oldest brother, Alessandro" the scary guy says, with a ghost of a smile, looking straight into my eyes, searching for something. His tone was calm and inviting yet also with strictness.

(bambina= baby)

I only nod my head and take a glance around the room and everyone is looking at us, I look back at Alessandro and look at his whole body, he was the tallest out of all of us, around 6,8 and just like Elijah, James and Lorenzo they all had guns, I really want to know what they do for jobs, I mean what job requires to have a gun with all of them.

"Guys introduce yourself" Alessandro says easily like he was their father

"Hey, I'm Xavier and I'm 17" the guy with freckles says with a warm and welcoming smile.

"Hi, I'm Xander, 17" Xavier's photocopy says but with a little more bite, I can see in his eyes he doesn't want to say it more like he has to say it like that

"Lorenzo, I'm 22" the angry guy the stomped off said with the same bite as Xander but you have to look deeper into his eyes to see the same thing as Xander. This got me a little confused and even more cautious, do they not want me here, do they already hate me?

"You already know me but, I'm Elijah and I'm 23" Elijah says now standing next to Alessandro and James next to him on the other side. Elijah gives me a warm smile when I look at him and I give a very small one back.

"And me Alessandro, 25" he says with a little curt nod to end all the names, I look at James silently asking for his age and when he catches me looking me gives a smile and says

"I'm 24, buttercup" I scrunch my face up at the sudden nickname that I don't totally hate but I don't like either. Everyone finds my face funny and starts laughing, even Alessandro has a ghost of a smile on his face, like I know I look funny but I'm not that funny looking. After a couple of minutes, Alessandro clears his throat and that gets all the attention in the room.

"Xavier why don't you show violet her room so she can rest and get settled in until dinner" it seems that whatever Alessandro asks you do without any question because Xavier comes up to me or at least tries to before I give him a glare and warning look but when he doesn't see it I take steps back.

The whole room watching this so I try to look as casual as possible but still get the point across that he needs to back off. After Xavier finally sees that I don't want him any closer he stops and a second later has his hand out pointing towards the stairs, as a gesture for me to walk there.

Slowly we both get to the stairs with space between us, my bag digging into my skin and making more pain already and I can feel the stare of everyone on me even occasionally Xavier when he's not looking at the steps.

Finally, after years and years and I'm all old and grey we make it to the top of the endless stairs, I'm joking but they were really long stairs and with all the walking it is not helping my lungs, I feel like they're on fire and it's really hard to breathe normally even harder trying to act normal in front of Xavier.

We're now on the second floor facing a corridor or doors, like In monsters ink but there all white and actually have walls connected to the doors. Xavier leads me all the way to the end of the hallway and to the door on the left.

"All the rooms go in order of oldest to youngest so I'm across from you and Xander is next to you" he says while pointing at the doors

"And this is your room. If you want to change anything you can just let either Alessandro or Elijah know and they will help you change it. If you need anything either come downstairs and one of us will be there or just come in my room" Xavier, say all with a brotherly smile on his face, I nod and walk into the room closing the door after I'd walked in not even looking at the room.

Calming my nerves and telling myself that whatever is in front of me I will still appreciate and I will make this life better than the one before.

Looking up my breath catches, it is the biggest bedroom I have ever seen, my whole bedroom could fit in here like ten times. It has a bed in the middle of the wall on the left of me, the bed being at least a queen with bedside tables beside it on both sides. A desk on the right side of me further away than the bed sitting in the corner of the room and a small lounge area next to the desk and behind the bed with a tv. The overall theme being soft pinks with grey and white.

 The overall theme being soft pinks with grey and white

Sitting down on my bed with my bag right next to me, I look around the room, my mind all over the place thinking about what has happened, my brothers and what their jobs are, why they gave me such a big room and if they will be anything like the m...

Sitting down on my bed with my bag right next to me, I look around the room, my mind all over the place thinking about what has happened, my brothers and what their jobs are, why they gave me such a big room and if they will be anything like the monsters I used to live with.

Deciding that I have nothing else to do I take out my sketchbook again with my pencils and finish the drawing that I was doing on the plane. 

__________

just a little reminder I have no idea what I'm doing :)