chapter 6

Violet's pov

"Hey, violet can you pack your stuff up and put your belt on, we're landing now" Elijah says from next to me. I jump not realizing that he was there. Then I look at him weirdly, he said that the flight is over 2 hours, but it has only been like 30 minutes.

"What do you mean we're landing? We've only been flying for like 30 minutes, haven't we?" I ask looking at him not moving at all except to close my book so he can't see.

"Bambina, we've been flying for two and a half hours, we're landing now" I just stare at him, I didn't think I was drawing for that long. The time always goes really fast when I'm paying so much attention to my drawing.

I put my things in my bag not even questioning it anymore and then put my belt on, Elijah now sitting in his seat again with his belt already on.

The landing was scary as hell, and I was gripping the armchair really tight that I may have left a mark but I kept my face blank still. I hate showing emotion I only ever do it if I know I'm alone and won't be interrupted.

Elijah and James walk to another very expensive-looking car, I mean why do they always have to have something that looks really expensive, and they have a lot from what I've seen so far.

James pulls open the back seat door for me, I still am not comfortable near him or even Elijah and the fact that they both have guns on them doesn't make it any better. I tense a little and don't even look at him, getting into the seat I try to not touch anywhere on my body that I know will hurt but it is kind of inevitable with bruising and scaring all over my body.

Elijah sits in the back with me, and James sits in the passenger seat, next to the driver, the driver gives my brother a nod with a stone-cold expression my brother and James doing the same. However, when he sees me, he gives a small smile and then sets off to drive probably to Elijah's house.

20 minutes later we were away from a lot of civilization, throughout the whole drive I've just been looking out the window. There are now fewer houses and cars if none at all for miles and the houses are bigger than you could call them mansions.

We reach this house that is not near anything else the road is dead and there is almost no one here, except for guards dressed the same way as the ones at the airports.

There is this massive black gate that doesn't allow you to look in at all and a big wall around the whole property, like a massive fortress.

There were at least three or four guards standing outside near the gate all with that same 'scary' and intimidating look but some of them actually looked scary and there all pretty big like Elijah and James.

They all had guns by the look of it, some of them looking a lot bigger them the ones Elijah and James have.

The driver rolls down his window and one of the guards comes up to the window. They start speaking In Italian, but I don't focus on what they're saying and instead keep looking around even looking at James and Elijah's faces and they both look calm and unbothered by what is happening.

After some more talking to the driver, the guard looks at James, Elijah and me and then immediately opens the gate, revealing a massively big mansion, bigger than all the houses that I've seen today.