Chapter 67

Violet's pov

I didn't sleep at all last night, I couldn't even if I tried my mind is going crazy going over every little thing for today. When I hear something all I do is hold my breath and try to figure out who and where they are coming from, almost all the time it was nothing but guards walking around down the hall but a couple of times the guards have actually slowed down and looked at me. I'm sure they enjoy seeing me like this.

Miguel doesn't really sleep either I've found out, he is either in the corner or against one of the walls, almost watching over me until his body forces him to get a little bit of sleep before he forces himself to wake up. I would find it sweet but nothing ever happens to us at night, everyone who gives orders are sleeping or doing paperwork and none of the guards I'm sure are stupid enough to do anything without an order.

Looking over at Miguel I shuffle over, closer to him not even being that quiet about it because I know he's awake. Once I've sat next to him, he finally turns his head to look at me. It's hard to see in the dark but I know his eyes are closing every couple of seconds.

"you really need to get some sleep, you haven't slept since I got here and you need energy for when we break out of here. We can't have you falling asleep mid-punch, can we?" I try to make my voice as light-hearted as possible

All Miguel does is hum clearly too tired to do anything but that so instead I gently grab his shoulders and lay his head on my lap, gently stroking his hair.

"go to sleep, I am watching over you now" and with that he finally lets himself go to sleep

I keep running my fingers through his hair noticing the content smile he has on his face. I'm sure he hasn't felt a gentle touch in a very long time, it must be nice to finally feel It again. At times like these when I kind of wish Miguel didn't want to go back to his family and that he would just stay with me. I mean I'm sure everyone would love him, he is like a mix of everyone. He has the seriousness of Alessandro but he also has to personality as Xavier and I'm sure he could also have to temper of Lorenzo and Xander.

I think he would be exactly like what Ares would be like, but it can't be him. I mean he was taken so long ago, with him being an important person, being the son of Mikael's enemy, he would have killed Ares a long time ago. It couldn't be him.

Plus Miguel says that his family never looked for him and I know for a fact Alessandro wouldn't let anyone stop looking for him, I'm sure we have a whole warehouse dedicated to just finding Ares.

Miguel gets a good 2 hours of sleep before I hear two loud and heavy footsteps coming down the hallway, which I'm sure are heading straight for me. I know I'm kind of stupid for doing this but instead of waking up Miguel I gently lift his head and place it back down when I'm no longer sitting next to him.

Instead, I move closer to the door, hoping they will be less loud if they see I'm not struggling. I know I'm breaking my own plan but Miguel is finally getting sleep and he needs all he can get when we break out of here, so even if I push it a day nothing will change, except maybe we will have more of a chance getting out of here.

I stand right near the door, far enough away that they can open the door and take one step in but not too far away that they actually have to enter the cell. I've noticed that if someone was close to the door when they are trying to open it without waiting for them to move they just zap us with what I'm pretty sure is a taser in a really long stick form.

The guards grab both of my arms tightly surely making the bruise they have been making even worse, dragging me out of the cell and locking it. Both of them have a sick smiles on their faces like they are going to enjoy what is about to happen. I'm sure they both have special tickets, front row to whatever is going to happen.