chapter 12

Violet's pov

Xander walked through my bathroom doors, and I noticed the fiery look in his eyes was gone instead there was warmth and sweetness. It was quite a drastic change but I'm just going to assume that he was having a bad day yesterday.

"Good morning, we are having breakfast now and I was told to come and get you" he says and I just smile and nod my head.

I hope that Alessandro hasn't said anything about last night, I'm grateful that he helped me but I don't want anyone to know about it.

It was a weakness that he saw, and the others can't know, they'll use it against me.

Walking back into my room I see Alessandro gone and my bed made almost like it never happened like it was a figment of my imagination.

Walking down the stairs with Xander on one side and me on the other, we walk down in total silence.

It's kind of awkward right now and it's only just two of us, what the hell is going to happen when we're all sitting in the room together. Like I barely even remember their names, I can't make conversation.

Walking closer to the door I can hear I think my three oldest brothers, man it's really weird to say that.

They're talking in Italian so when Xander and I walk through the door they look at me, smile and turn back to their conversation. Still blissfully unaware that I can understand them.

"Le spedizioni sono arrivate bene?" Alessandro asks with a business tone, I just look at him with a confused look on my face and then drop to my lap when I sit down next to Lorenzo and Alessandro.

(Le spedizioni sono arrivate bene- Did the shipments arrive alright)

"Si, e arrivato qui, ma stanno ancora facendo I test sulle pistole per assicurarsi che non ci sia niente di sbagliato" Elijah replies almost like it was instinct.

(Si, e arrivato qui, ma stanno ancora facendo I test sulle pistole per assicurarsi che non ci sia niente di sbagliato- Yeah it got here but they are still doing the testing on the guns to make sure nothings wrong)

No one else seems phased by this information, so they either don't understand, or this is like every other morning. You know just having a good old breakfast and talking about guns. Like why! Would you need more, they all have one I'm sure the guards all have one.

What are they doing smuggling them and selling them on the black market? I mean it would make sense with how much money they seem to have like no one has this much money and isn't doing anything illegal, they just don't.

"Non parliamone qui, abbiamo qualcuno che sta ascoltando" Lorenzo says, I'm really hoping that they aren't talking about me.

(Non parliamone qui, abbiamo qualcuno che sta ascoltando -let's not talk about this here, we have someone who is listening)

I slowly lift my head to look around the table and they are looking at me. I just muster the best curious look I can and lift one eyebrow questioning why they're looking at me. I think it worked because then Alessandro looks over to Elijah,

"Le hai chiesto se conosceva l'italiano?" I still look at them with confusion and just to top it off I slowly lean closer to Lorenzo but still giving each other space I ask,

(Le hai chiesto se conosceva l'italiano- did you ask her if she knew Italian)

"What language are you guys speaking?" in the most innocent voice ever, because why wouldn't I.

"do you know what we're saying?" Alessandro asks out of nowhere, I look over to him and his eyes are burning into mine almost like he was searching for the answer in my eyes.