Chapter 81

violet's pov

two days and we have pretty much nothing. All we have managed to get is his mother's name, if he has any siblings and when he joined our mafia. Someone really doesn't want us to find anything about this guy.

James, Matthew and I have been in James's office for the past two days searching for things. It took a lot of convincing Alessandro that I was safe here with James and Matthew plus him because he hasn't really left my side except when I went to get food the one time.

James is supposed to be the best hacker in our mafia and normally he can do things within half a day but he hasn't been stopping and we've got nothing, except a couple of broken laptops in the corner. Apparently, there are some traps set up that fry the computer if you do something wrong when entering the code.

I wouldn't be as stupid to say James is the best hacker in the world because I know there are at least three that are better than him but two already are with other mafias that we can't go to and one is a normal civilian, granted a civilian I miss like hell but he can't be brought into this, he is safe living his life and if we brought him in there would be a hit on his head.

While we have been going through everything digitally or trying to Lorenzo, Massimo and Matteo are going through it physically. Quite literally, they are trying to get information out of Ben. So far they have gotten out of him that he was approached by a guy saying he had his girlfriend and would torture and kill her unless he helped them take down our mafia.

So now we also have to look into this mysterious girlfriend, that we still can't find anything on, at this point I'm thinking she wasn't who she said she was. Which is both bad and really bad because that probably means more than one mafia has intel on us and are trying to take us down.

Because we don't want anyone else getting information on us or knowing what we know about Ben we have the triplets standing guard at the basement door and all of the other people that were in there are now in different cells. So Ben is in there alone with three of the strongest and angriest people I've ever met.

Sighing I lay back in the chair that has pretty much been claimed as mine, grabbing my phone I send a quick message to Enzo

'looks like the girlfriend is under a false identity'

With that, I go back to the practically pointless task of trying to find the girlfriend's name and doing any of the tasks the mafia needs to be done. There are other people who do some of this but there are some stuff that Alessandro only trusts James to do. But because he is spending all his time on Ben and they have to get done before a certain time I've been doing them and when they are too hard Matthew will.

Hearing the sounds of swearing I look up to see James laptop is smoking. Throwing that laptop on the pile of broken ones he grabs a new one from the good pile. When the laptops started breaking Alessandro got someone to deliver a bunch of laptops with the mafia encryptions on them but that no one had ever used. Alessandro looking at the kind of big pile of broken laptops, he sighs before getting up and walking towards the door.

"where are you going" I ask just before he gets to the door

"To get some help. Theres an ally mafia who has a son who might be able to help" he replies barely stopping to get the sentence out

He takes the phone call in the empty office across from James. It isn't a long phone call but there is definitely some things being said. It doesn't look like bad things but it definitely doesn't look like good things are being said.

Walking back into the room and to the couch where he is always sitting he sighs before speaking

"they will get here tomorrow, they are getting their things and boarding a plane tonight"