Chapter 62

Violet's pov

Life really hates me, I woke up maybe 5 minutes ago to find my leg chained to the floor in a practically black room. There is nothing in the room except a bucket which I'm really hoping I don't have to use seeing as it is old and rotting and a lot of people probably used this thing also it's a bucket so why couldn't they put an actual toilet in here. And there are no windows, none at all so I have no idea how long I've been here and I won't know until I get to a stupid window.

Nobody is in the same cell as me and the only sounds I can hear are guards I think talking but they are too far for me to hear anything they are saying.

I try and stand up and walk to the door but the chain on my leg won't let me get anywhere close to the damn thing. Huffing I go back to where I was sitting on the ground, actually looking at the chain that is keeping me stuck in this room I see that there are two of them and the one that isn't currently being used by me looks like it has been used for some time now.

I just lay down knowing that whoever took me is going to be dropping by soon enough.

True to my words maybe 30 minutes later there are multiple steps coming this way, two really heavy and one that sounds like they are being dragged. Then there is another set that is somehow both heavy and light. Soon there is the sound of keys jiggling and then the sound of the keys going into my cell door before it unlocks and a rush of light enters.

Closing my eyes really tight, I try to relax my body the best I can, trying to act like I'm asleep, something I'm pretty good at considering how I grew up.

All I can hear is someone getting thrown to the floor and the guy with both light and heavy footsteps comes closer to me, probably wondering why I'm not awake yet considering I probably should be, instead he just leaves leaving who I'm assuming to be two guards to lock the door back up.

Only when I'm sure the guards have locked the door and have gone several feet away do I even open my eyes. I'm facing the person they brought in but I have no idea whether it's a man or a woman, they are very skinny and have hair that goes to their shoulders.

All they are doing is just laying on the floor with their stomach on the ground, their eyes are tightly wired shut and they look like they are in a lot of pain. But they have no idea I'm in here with them, probably too exhausted to feel me looking at them or to even open his eyes.

I go to say something but as I open my mouth my eyes catch the sight of blood pooling on the ground, not fast enough that it's going to kill them but fast enough that they need to put pressure on it.

Quickly moving over to them, I make the chains rattle but he seems too exhausted so all he can manage is lifting their eyebrows. When I get to them I whisper a quick 'sorry' knowing rolling them over is going to hurt like hell.

Once I've finally gotten them onto their back, their eyes are wide open and staring straight at me with both surprise and worry. Getting a better look at their face now I can finally see that they are in fact a man.

"your bleeding, I have to put pressure on it to make it stop" I explain seeing him relax just a tiny bit

Instead of lifting his shirt I just put my hands over it, knowing if I was bleeding I wouldn't want people to be lifting my shirt. I try to push as hard as I can without hurting him anymore but the minute I put my hands against his stomach he sucks in a big breath. Considering he is bleeding quite a bit I would say that the cut would be fairly big so I just keep holding pressure for like five minutes and just hope that it's stopped bleeding. I don't really know because I can't see his actual wound.

Instead of saying anything I go over to the wall of the closet, thankful that I can actually lean against the wall. It is dead silence between us the only thing you can hear is his deep breathing, almost like it's hurting him to breathe.

"thank you" he whispers after his breathing got more stable

"it's all good but I now expect you to do the same when I am bleeding and too tired to stop it myself" I try to make sure he knew I was only slightly joking

"what's your name" he asks instead of saying anything about my comment

"Now why would I tell you that" I exclaim in a joking matter

"mhm just trying to be a nice host" he jokes back

Instead of saying anything I just let him rest, knowing he is going to need a lot of sleep to help heal his wounds. His eyes have been closed this whole time so it doesn't take long before his breaths slightly even out.

I just sit there and keep an eye on him making sure he doesn't start bleeding again or I don't know, stop breathing. Really that Is all I do for the next couple of hours, just looking at him every couple of seconds making sure he is okay.

It all stops when there are heavy steps coming towards our door again and unlocks the door. Coming into the cell are two guards coming straight for me. One of them grabs my shoulders really tightly while the other one grabs my leg that is chained to the floor, unlocking the shackle the guards both grab one of my shoulders, really freakin tightly.

When we get to the door I push both of my legs against the door frame trying to push back as hard as I could, the guards just keep pushing against me to the point if I don't give up they are going to snap my legs, so I drop both of my legs to the floor.

I can't get out of their hold, it's too tight and there is no way I could get out of this place yet, I need to either wait for the fam to find me or I need to learn the layout a little more or at least know how many guards there are.

They take me down the hallway after hallway before we are away from all of the cells that I'm sure are full to the max, so when I scream, nobody will hear me. They open this big metal door and we go into this room that was I'm sure painted white but now is full of blood. Literally, there is blood on the walls and puddles of blood on the floor, all differentiating in colour, some old and some looking brand new.

And I just know that the things that are going to happen in here I'm really not going to like.

. ☾ . 

I really wanted to make this longer but school is really kicking my but so I have to study some more. anyway I really hope you guys like this one 

also, I've been thinking about making a Twitter account to update you guys on the book instead of having to do it here, so let me know what you guys think 

I hope you guys have a really good day/night