Chapter 15

Zoey's POV

Poppy and I have a good little conversation on the phone. Desmond took her out on a date to the arcade and won her a big stuffed animal.

I'm so happy for her, she deserves this.

The guys and I hang out for a few hours before they show me to where I'll be staying. Despite the tension around them, the room I'm staying in looks beautiful!

The bed looked so inviting, I fell asleep within five minutes.

The next morning, Wyatt wakes me up with small kisses over my whole face, causing me to giggle up a storm.

"Nik should be in here in a few minutes. I just wanted to see you first." He kisses my forehead.

I smile at the newfound safety I feel, "I feel special."

"You, doll, are the most special thing in the world to us. You're perfect from the top of your head," he pats my head playfully, "to the tips of your toes," he reaches under the blankets faster than I can stop him and tickle the pads of my feet.

I laugh out, trying to hide my feet from his fingers.

His long hair, a mess and dark ocean deep blue eyes boring into mine. Not a single imperfection on his skin, not even a single blackhead in sight.

"I'll miss you, doll. But I do hope you have fun." Wyatt smiles.

Nik walks into the room, interrupting us.

"Good morning, love." He smirks, noticing Wyatt next to me. He gives Wyatt a small smile and he wafts his head to the side, telling him silently to leave.

I notice him wearing black jeans with a white button up shirt and a blue tie, showing off the curves in his muscular arms.

"So," I stand out of bed, "where are we going?" I hug his waist tightly. He freezes, probably not used to receiving hugs.

I remember I used to love hugging my parents, when they died I didn't get hugs anymore, until Poppy came along. She was my first hug in a long, long time.

"I'm taking you somewhere that's almost as lovely as you." He smiles as he sifts through the clothes dangling on hangers in my oversized closet.

Nobody needs this many clothes.

Before I can say anything, he's walking towards me with long coral colored dress with a sparkling neckline.

"Wear some spandex shorts under it and throw on those white heels next to your door then meet me in the car. We will have breakfast on the way." Nik says with a smile as he hands me the dress.

I thought it'd be heavier, but it's surprisingly light.

I nod and watch him back out of my room, closing the door as he steps out.

I strip myself of clothing, noticing the body mirror on the wall.

As I step closer to it, the meat on my thighs jiggle. I grab at the pudge around my stomach, wishing it were leaner.

Mean belly. Why can't you just be smaller?

The soft wash of coral tans my skin with the small dazzling jewels sparkling. Thin straps hold the dress up around my shoulders, the bottom of the dress has the perfect amount of poof, making my waist look thinner and my hips slightly wider. The white heels around very short but you can't see them under the dress anyways.