Chapter 28

Poppy's POV

I've been in hell for about a week and a half.

The pain has begun to fade since last night. My migraine that I've had since being attacked has finally chilled out, the wound on my shoulder has fully healed somehow. I don't even know how something that deep could be totally gone without a scar.

Wyatt told me that I'm lucky that I wasn't marked, whatever that means.

Guilt settles into my stomach. I tried to attack Zoey. I don't think I could ever forgive myself for that...

Two of the guys brought me to my new room. Wyatt and Jett. I don't know the other guy very well, to be honest, he seems too stressed out to be bothered by me.

This new room is nice though. I get a king sized bed, a large blanket, a nice big window, and a vanity. Much nicer than what Zoey and I had back at home.

Zoey.

We are supposed to all go out shopping today. I haven't seen her since I was in that creepy dungeon place.

A soft knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"One sec!" I call out, walking to the door to open it.

As soon as I pull the door open, I smell sweet honeysuckle and chamomile.

Zoey stands on the other side with a smile and open arms.

"I've missed you! Are you feeling better? Are you good enough to shop?" She asks as she embraces me.

I laugh, "yes, I'm a lot better. I'm still a little sensitive to light and my bones ache a little sometimes, but that's nothing a pair of sunglasses and nice clothes can't fix."

She gives me a small half smile while grabbing my hand.

I let her lead me down to the cars, expensive ass luxury cars. I'd kill for one of these.

Zoey takes me to a new vehicle I've never seen any of them drive up to our town-home in. Not the normal White Rolls-Royce, but some sort of black Audi SUV.

Zoey and I sit in the back with Wyatt. He seems more friendly than Jett and Nik, more...inviting.

Nik looks at Zoey through the rear view mirror, "seat belt, love." He tells her.

Zoey scrambles to put her seat belt on, pushing Wyatt and I in the process of finding the thing the seat belt clicks in to.

"Ready." She smiles.

"Here," Jett says, turning from the passenger seat, "drink this before we go in." He hands me a blood bag.

"Thank you." I say quietly while flipping the top open.

Before all this, the thought of drinking blood was repulsive. Now I crave it. Don't get me wrong, I could eat a whole medium rare steak, but I've never craved anything as bloody as blood.

It takes Nik about twenty minutes to get to the local mall. The sun flashing through the trees on the way here caused another headache to unfortunately form.

I don't know when this stronger, faster, smarter vampire girl is supposed to kick in, but so far only my sense of smell has heightened. That must be why I could smell Zoey as soon as I got close to the door this morning.

Zoey walking into the mall with Nik holding one hand and me holding the other. She's sweet to make me not feel like the third wheel...or fifth wheel since she has three boyfriends.