Chapter 54

Wyatt's POV

Jack being here was anger inducing at first. I didn't trust him, hell, I still don't trust him. But in a way, we made up.

Little did we know, he called one of his group members to pick him up later that night. I guess he still wasn't totally comfortable being here yet. Or maybe, it was us. Maybe we scowled too much whenever he'd even glance at Zoey.

We are all still annoyed that Jack kept Zoey's secret, a secret that she didn't even know, to himself. It was selfish.

For dinner, Zoey ate spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. She put two slices of cheese and stuck them in between two pieces of the garlic bread. Once the cheese melted, she ate it like a grilled cheese and dipped the sandwich in the meaty spaghetti sauce. I might've made an exact replica and gobbled it down after she went to bed. It was absolutely delicious!

It's well into the morning now. Zoey is still sleeping, I can hear her faint snores from anywhere in the house. The only room that isn't soundproof, is hers. It's for protection reasons, if anything were to happen, we'd hear it.

"Maybe we should go wake her up, I miss her." I say aloud.

"Let's go wake her up." Jett agrees.

"Bring her to the red room before you wake her up. I know it might not be the most...romantic time. But I need to mark her. I'll be stronger, we will be able to protect her...hell...the whole vampire race would have to protect her. We will find out how to kill the Vurthron inside of her."

I can't help but smile. I think right now is the perfect time, she needs to know she's loved, to be reminded that she is beautiful and cherished. Marking her would give her something positive to think about.

Jett and I collect her sleeping body and carefully maneuver her down the hall and into the red room.

Jett places her softly on the california king bed and slowly backs away.

"She signed off on CNC." Nik states while looking at Jett.

Jett is more into CNC than Nik and I are, but Nik likes it more than I do. There is nothing wrong with it, I just don't prefer it.

Jett's eye twinkles with mischief.

He stalks towards her as he slides his shirt off his back.

He slowly pulls her plaid pajama pants off along with her cute white panties. Her skin slightly pricks at the cool air, but she remains asleep.

Heavier sleeper than I thought.

Jett slowly spreads her legs and sets himself between them.

Her magnificent core instantly turns me on.

So, pretty and pink.

Jett's mouth kisses the skin around her core at a snail's pace. If she were awake, she'd be annoyed with how slow he's going.

Her eyes flicker open lazily. She doesn't make eye contact with any of us, as if she's awake but not totally conscious.

Jett makes direct contact with her small bundle of nerves, causing her eyes to widen and finally realize what is going on.

"Je-" she tries to speak but gets cut off by her own breathy moans.

Nik grins as he watches her, feeding off her moans.

Zoey's hands reach into Jett's hair only to be ripped away and held down at her sides.

"I don't need to tie you up, do I, baby?" Jett asks with the shine of her wetness on his face.