Chapter 45

Jett's POV

Nik told us about what Desmond said.

That can only mean that he's hunting her and she needs to be protected. Nik doesn't see him as a threat, but to her, he is. Hunters aren't above killing humans to get to their goal, he could just want her out of the way to get to us.

I pace the my bedroom, feeling claustrophobic inside these four walls.

I can't believe Poppy didn't tell us. I would expect Zoey to keep in under wraps since she tends to hold things in, but Poppy...she's supposed to tell us everything that is concerning.

A knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Jett?" Zoey calls from behind the door.

I look at the time on my watch. Two in the morning. What is she doing awake? Humans should be asleep by this time.

Opening the door, I reveal a red faced Zoey who is digging her fingers into her arm.

"What's the matter, baby?" I ask, pulling her into me and looking behind her.

"I had a bad dream, I- I was wondering if I could sleep in your bed since you're in here."

The sound of her small voice softens my heart.

I nod, honored she came to me and not Poppy or one of the other guys.

As I let her go, gesturing towards the bed. Her feet patter against the floor like a child's on Christmas day.

Her pocket-sized body bounces as she flops onto my king sized bed. Even her pajamas smother her figure, her usual curves being swallowed by the satin fabric.

"What did you dream about?" I ask her.

She shrugs, leaving me to my own imagination.

I recline in the bed next to her with one arm behind my head.

The bed bounces around as she positions herself to where her head in on my chest and arm is wrapped around my body.

"You smell good." She mumbles, voice muffled from her face being pressed against my shirt.

Her head bounces off my body as I chuckle at her quiet statement, making her laugh along with me.

After our laughs die down, we lay in silence. No crickets, no owls, creaky boards, or signs of human life. It's just us.

The darkness in the room almost swallows her, if I didn't have enhanced sight, I would be totally blinded right now.

The weight of her hand travels slowly from my ribs to my stomach, lumping over every ab until she reaches my lower abdomen. She freezes before she trickles her fingers to my cock.

I snatch her hand from me, "tell me what you want, baby." I tell her softly.

I can feel the heat rise to her cheeks through my shirt and her heart rate picks up beating slightly more rapid.

"You, daddy." She whispers.

I assume she's more blunt because she thinks I can't see her. But nonetheless, the sensual hue to her voice hardens my cock.

My lips kiss the span of her three fingers before letting go of her wrist. Moments later those same fingers grasp around me. If only my jeans weren't blocking her hand, she'd be directly touching me.

The friction that builds is starting to make my jeans strain too hard, if they were cheap, I'd rip right through it.

"Off." She demands.