Chapter 21

Zoey's POV

I began missing all of them as soon as I walked through the doors of my townhouse.

Poppy was already there, watching TV with a man to her side.

"Oh! Zoey, this is Desmond, Desmond, this is Zoey." Poppy quickly introduces.

Desmond smiles, "hey, nice to meet you."

I give him a small wave, "nice to meet you too."

Poppy's smile shows off her slightly crooked teeth, making me remember the story about how she's always wanted braces but could never afford them.

"I have to tell you what Doug did at work the other day. It was so funny! We got this bitch of a customer and she just had it out for him, she kept yelling at him and calling him a little man. Boy! I was laughing my ass off." She rambles on with her story, making me laugh.

"I mean...he is a little man. Stupid little man.

"Did you two have a good week?" I keep the conversation going.

She tells me all about her week with Desmond. Apparently, they have has a lot of fun. Is it wrong of me to feel jealous? I feel like he's kind of stealing my best friend.

Her short black hair runs into her eyes as she speaks for only Desmond to sweep her short hairs out of her face.

Okay, I guess that was cute.

"Isn't that awesome?" She asks.

I didn't even realize that I zoned out while she was talking.

"Oh, yeah. Definitely!" I respond, not having a clue.

She laughs and hugs onto Desmond's arm.

He's a handsome man, his dark complexion against her ghostly white complexion compliment each other. Their babies would have the most gorgeous skin tone. He has a buzz cut, which I've never liked on men but I guess it does suit him.

"I'll leave you two girls to it. Call me later, babe." Desmond kisses her slowly.

I stand in front of them awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

I never prepared myself for situations like this. Do I watch? Do I walk away? Do I aimlessly look around until their done?

"Bye, babe." She blows him more kisses as he walks out the front door.

For a few hours, Poppy and I talk more about the week and how much we both had fun and missed each other.

I hinted at the conversation I had with the guys. I don't know why they offered us both a room in their mansion, but it does seem like a pretty sweet deal. She just laughed it off, so I dropped it.

Poppy has always been proud of what she has, even a not so good place like this.

I love that about her though. We don't have much but we appreciate what we do have because we got it on our own.

Poppy and I spend the whole day watching Disney movies and snacking on pizza and snacks. Although I do miss the guys, I've missed the heck out of spending time with my best friend.

Before the night is over, I pamper myself by taking a shower, deep conditioning my hair, shaving, washing my face and exfoliating my skin, and rubbing my body down with lotion.

I feel like a million bucks as I lay in my bed, but as soon as my head hits the pillow, my mind wanders to the bedroom I was in at the mansion. That bed was so comfortable, it trumps this one by a long slide.