Epilogue

Jett's POV

I saw the signs.

I knew she was contemplating it. I just never thought she'd go through with it, not truly.

Last night I held her in my arms all night to prevent her from doing something stupid.

We are all a wreck. Nik's soul is crushed, his partner, the person he marked, died. Now he will follow soon after.

It'll just be Wyatt and I once Nik goes.

He hasn't told his parents and I don't think he will. His mother never liked her and if she knew that she left him by offing herself...she'd boast and cheer that she was right and he was 'wrong'.

We won't ever regret Zoey. Before her we would just go through women, never finding love and not caring about it. But now, now we won't do that. I'm sure Wyatt has the same idea that I do. Just stay celibate.

Reading her letter hurt the worst. She told us that she loves us but she can't let us suffer because of her. Little did she know, now we truly suffer.

When Nik busted down her bathroom door, it was already too late. He tried to save her, he gave her all the blood he could, but she just did too much damage.

None of us can bring ourselves to speak. We haven't spoken to each other since we found her and that was a few days ago.

I haven't felt this much pain since I was human. I didn't think it was possible to feel this much heartbreak.

She talked about where she wanted her body to end up. She specifically said she wants to be with Poppy and Brina. In the sunniest, warmest area of the house. Of course that means we now have three urns in our sunroom.

Zoey's is the prettiest, we had a pink one specially made just for her.

I've been doing most of Nik's work lately. He can't bring himself to do it, he feels his soul dying. Soon, his urn will join hers.

I'm sure she didn't realize that in turn for taking her own life, she would be taking Nik with her. Wyatt and I will also never be the same. She thought we'd all feel relieved if she weren't here but we will never find someone as perfect as her, we may never find true happiness again.

The months drag on without her.

Nik continues to grow weaker by the day now, he is now refusing blood.

It's hard to see our once strong, fearful leader become so brittle and on the verge of death.

Wyatt and I have picked up all of his work. Now he just lays in the sunroom all day staring at all the urns.

About a year later, Nik finally passes.

His parents didn't know until it finally happened and it's safe to say that they were very emotional about it. His parents can't step down now, unless they have another child or hand the crown to someone else which I highly doubt they will.

"Do you think life will ever feel normal again?" Wyatt asks me once we get home from Nik's honoring ceremony.

I shake my head, "probably not." I answer honestly.

Everything has changed and not for the better.

We were enjoying our life after solitude but now, solitude is where we will stay.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Did this story end how you thought it would?

Most stories I see on Wattpad have happy endings and I never made a sad one for any of my stories. I hope y'all still liked it!

My new story Beyond The Walls will have it's first chapter on Thursday!