Chapter 35

Zoey's POV

"Oh my fucking God. Tell me about it! Spill all the dirty details!" Poppy dances in excitement.

I guess it was a slight mistake to tell her what happened between Nik and I while she was out yesterday.

I just had to tell someone though. I lost my virginity, popped my cherry, had sex! And it was with one of the hottest guys I've ever seen.

His voice, his muscles, his hair, eyes, his...thing. All sexy as all hell.

When did I become such a horndog?

"Well, the witch's potion thingy actually worked, which I'm pretty sure you already know because Wyatt is here and because you're able to stand being in the same room as me," I giggle, "but with Nik, it was good." I smile, trying to keep my sex life a little more private.

She rolls her eyes as she pulls a button up flannel over her shoulders, "come on. You have got to give me more than that. Are you sore? Was he big? Are you happy about it?" She rolls her hands as she lists the questions.

I'm hella sore.

"He was...very well endowed, I'm actually very happy about it, I feel like an actual adult now, and yes...it hurts to wipe after I pee." I tell her, probably sharing too much information.

She taps my knee, supporting my judgement, "I'm happy for you." She smiles before throwing shoes onto her feet.

"Where are you going?" I ask, just now noticing that she's been getting ready.

Her finger touches her lips as she tells me to hush and her voice drops to a very faint whisper, "you can't tell anyone." She gently closes her room door and meets back with me on her bed, "I'm going to see Desmond."

Desmond. That's her boyfriend.

"Why can't anyone know? I didn't know you were still seeing him." I smile, being happy she still has him. It's odd she hasn't been talking about him though. I assumed they broke up.

"I'm not exactly allowed to see him." She sighs.

That's stupid. Obviously Poppy can be trusted, she hasn't killed me or any other human, even when I was bleeding right next to her.

"My lips are sealed." I zip my lips closed to which she smiles.

She deserves to be happy.

"The guys are looking for you, I heard them call you from downstairs." She opens her door, "cover for me?" She asks.

I nod as I leave her room to find the guys.

Poppy deserves love just as much as anyone else does. Desmond doesn't seem like a bad guy, although I've only met him once.

I find the three men in the kitchen with a sandwich freshly prepared sitting in front of them.

"We have a few questions for you, doll." Wyatt slides the sandwich towards me.

I sit on the bar stool and inspect the sandwich. Whole wheat bread, oven roasted turkey, cheddar cheese, lettuce, thin slices of tomato, mayonnaise, mustard, and a few strips of bacon. My mouth waters at the magnificence.

"We know you lied about your friendship with Brexley." Jett states with his arms crossed and a single eyebrow raised.

My heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach, "I didn't lie." I shake my head, not understanding why they think I lied to them.